What's new

How to liquidate silver halves

Scott (Upstate NY)

Full Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
120
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Classic III, Surf PI, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have noticed that many of you have accumulated tons of silver halves. How are you selling/liquidating your finds for the best price of silver?

Just curious...
 
Upvote 0
Mine are being put away....for the next generation.

If your wanting to sell....call around different coin dealers....shop for the best price. E-Bay is another possibility.

You might wanna wait until the silver price goes up more though. It seems like when it gets around $14/oz, it drops back down. I have heard predictions of $20/oz by years end but who knows.

Good luck.
 
I sell all of my 40%ers at the local coin shop. Price varies depending on the spot price of silver.
 
Last time I sold silver was at 14.25. I got 1.63 for 40% and 9.2 x face for the 90%.
Sold 280.00 face for 1665. actually got a 1908 no motto St Gaudins and 965.
Check your local coin shops they vary alot.

Chicago Ron
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom