What's new

How to properly clean this watch

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,453
Reaction score
10,833
Golden Thread
0
I was curious if it's even possible to clean the glass on the inside of this watch. I found it awhile back at a park that sits on an old farm.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3337.webp
    IMG_3337.webp
    651.4 KB · Views: 96
I would wager that has a radium dial, best keep it sealed for now.
 
Thanks will check it out
I can probably assume that you don't have a radiation detector sitting on the self.
So here is another link for wrist watches that might have radium dials.

I think a UV light might show the dials glowing as well.

Another way of testing is go to a scrap yard that have a radiation detection device at their drive on scale.
If your watch is hot-you'll be amazed on how fast the alarm will sound.:laughing7:

Just a word of caution is that if you have any type of blood work, scans that involve dye (what the medical world injects into the vein to trace) Then you'll light up the alarm for about 2 weeks after the scan procedure.
 
I can probably assume that you don't have a radiation detector sitting on the self.
So here is another link for wrist watches that might have radium dials.

I think a UV light might show the dials glowing as well.

Another way of testing is go to a scrap yard that have a radiation detection device at their drive on scale.
If your watch is hot-you'll be amazed on how fast the alarm will sound.:laughing7:

Just a word of caution is that if you have any type of blood work, scans that involve dye (what the medical world injects into the vein to trace) Then you'll light up the alarm for about 2 weeks after the scan procedure.
I didn't know about the radium in the watch
 
I didn't know about the radium in the watch
Well it might have-and it might not have you don't know for sure.
Siding on the cautious side of life just don't go licking it until you find out for sure. :laughing7:
 
Most watch backs can be opened with a pocket knife blade. If it has 3 indents on the back of the case it is a screw on back. If there's a small indent on one side slip the knife blade in at the back should pop open.
Reason for this is to get the make/ser.# for the yr of the watch.
This will help also in a proper ID and if it would of had radium on the dials.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom