What's new

Cleaning tips on ointment tin

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,453
Reaction score
10,833
Golden Thread
0
Don't want to ruin the label. Is there a way to get this rust off without peeling or dissolving the label? Or should I just not waste my time?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3571.webp
    IMG_3571.webp
    757.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3572.webp
    IMG_3572.webp
    554.7 KB · Views: 67
Don't want to ruin the label. Is there a way to get this rust off without peeling or dissolving the label? Or should I just not waste my time?
Wish I could help with a suggestion. It might be too far gone? Maybe some CLR and a q-tip?
 
Don't want to ruin the label. Is there a way to get this rust off without peeling or dissolving the label? Or should I just not waste my time?
I have seen some amazing restoration work on tin lanterns.
They soaked the metal in molasses.
Quite a passive method

Metal Rescue is another great product, and that's what I use. No odour and safe to use indoors.
Screen Shot 2023-12-30 at 9.04.26 AM.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom