How to set up the Deus II for water use...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know what the reason is for having to change that one plug from the black one to the orange one? What does that plug seal? Why not just use the dive plug for every type of hunting?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does not release pressure in the hot sun...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does not release pressure in the hot sun...
Interesting......I've never had that feature or need for one with any water or land type machine I've ever owned......Maybe that's needed to prevent some of the Equinox flooding failures. I just figured that they would make the housing robust enough to handle a little pressure or vacuum. I wonder what will happen if a machine gets sent in for warranty because someone forgot to swap out the dive plug with the land plug and it pops a seal somewhere. Of worse yet, go back into the water and it floods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread