How To Use A Compass Au 52

stretrod48

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2009
HELP !!

I have a Compass Au 52 without a manual and have never used a metal detector before. It seems to work okay scanning over a metal surface but I don't have a lot of instructions on setting the dials.

I was told to set the trashout dial on off (red Arrow), the power level on 7 (red arrow), the threshold on the red arrow and no instruction on the ground balance.

Is there an online manual anywhere ?

Thanks,
Dean

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
stretrod48,
hope you found your manual.

idigdirt,
good job. Interesting site.

all have a good un.......
SHERMANWILLE

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you post a picture? I have two different Compass detectors but I don't recognize the one that you have.

OP
OP
S

stretrod48

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2009
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
stretrod48,
hope you found your manual.

idigdirt,
good job. Interesting site.

all have a good un.......
SHERMANWILLE

Thanks, I have a site to check out so I am hoping to get a little more information.

Dean

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man... I don't recognize that one. I was hoping it looked similar to one of the ones I've got, I could have figured out a way to get a copy of the manual to you, but yours is totally different from my two. Sorry...

OP
OP
S

stretrod48

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2009
rwsnc said:
Man... I don't recognize that one. I was hoping it looked similar to one of the ones I've got, I could have figured out a way to get a copy of the manual to you, but yours is totally different from my two. Sorry...

Thanks rwsnc. I appreciate your looking.

Dean
Charlotte, NC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread