What's new

How we spent Black Friday

JimK

Full Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2009
Messages
231
Reaction score
276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
I thought that we would share how we spent our black Friday. Instead of facing all of the crowds we headed the other direction to our Civil war camp. The pickings where a little sparse for some reason but we did find some stuff and a few firsts. My friend brought his grandsons out for a while so we gave him a few 3 ringers to slip in to the boys digs so we actually did a little better than it looks. One of the best finds of the day was my wife found our first star base .58 cal three ringer. Out of the almost 300 bullets we have found out there this is the first star. Another first was a candle stick holder and then a nipple protector (which I almost tossed in the scrap thinking it was a nut). We also got a nice complete J hook, 2 old keys (broken) a shoulder scale, a piece to a pocket knife. The usual rusty stuff, and nails and wire. But over all a much more fun day than fighting the crowds. Thanks for looking

JimK
 

Attachments

  • photo 2.webp
    photo 2.webp
    127.9 KB · Views: 115
  • photo 3.webp
    photo 3.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 105
  • photo 4.webp
    photo 4.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 101
  • photo 5 (2).webp
    photo 5 (2).webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 108
  • photo 6.webp
    photo 6.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 104
  • photo 7JPG.webp
    photo 7JPG.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 10
Great star bullet! I think those are so cool. Congays
 
Great job. I grew up in south central Kentucky ( Go Cats! ) and one of my favorite spots to go was Mill Springs. Can you imagine the amount of lead under the waters of Lake Cumberland in that area?
 
Great job. I grew up in south central Kentucky ( Go Cats! ) and one of my favorite spots to go was Mill Springs. Can you imagine the amount of lead under the waters of Lake Cumberland in that area?

I agree. We lived in Somerset and Eubank for a couple of years before moving north to Nicholasville. I did not have a detector then bu am givin some thought to going back down that way to see if I can get any leads on some new spots.

JimK
 
Very nice,, giving the grandsons a few finds will give birth to a future generation of treasure hunters. Never seen a 3 ringer with a star base before.
Congrats on a sweet hunt
 
Very nice finds. I like the way you spent your Black Friday. It sure beat the alternative.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom