How wide is your sluice?

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all!

I do not have or use a sluice but I have an idea that would be an accessory for a sluice. My problem... I'm not sure what width to make the accessory so that it could be used by a majority of sluice users. It does not have to fit the entire width it can be shorter. I'm sure my idea will work and that many will want to use it but I want to test it before telling anyone what i'm doing. I won't be selling it either it will be something that anyone could make for themself.

How wide is your sluice? (The width of the matting/moss/riffles, ect)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Russau--don't forget LeSluice,TeeDee,Angus,on and on and on--many shapes,sizes and configurations nowadayz,but--only as good as the man standing behing that shovel-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

OP
OP
nickmarch

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll make it 10" wide. Any suggestions on a length?

This would lay inside of your sluice on top of whatever you are using to capture the gold.

I really can't test this myself as I have no sluice and am in NJ at least until spring. Anyone want to test it in real world conditions? I'll ship it to you free and you can keep it!

Russau gets first shot, Hoser John second being that you two replied you get first crack at a freeby I'm sure you will like it, use it and find it effective!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
nickmarch said:
I'll make it 10" wide. Any suggestions on a length?

This would lay inside of your sluice on top of whatever you are using to capture the gold.

I really can't test this myself as I have no sluice and am in NJ at least until spring. Anyone want to test it in real world conditions? I'll ship it to you free and you can keep it!

Russau gets first shot, Hoser John second being that you two replied you get first crack at a freeby I'm sure you will like it, use it and find it effective!
yep Nick id be tickeled to try out your device.i have several sluices to try it on so width wont matter, ill have one or the other to try it on.send me a email off line and we can pass our contact info to each other. im at: russau at yahoo.com and we can go from there.and thanks, ive got a lot of cons to run anyway and we can help each other out this way!

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Hi there Nickmarch, It seems very strange to me that you have this "idea" :sign13: of fitting something to a sluice box when you say you dont have one & dont use one. :dontknow: How can you concieve an idea when you havnt been involved out in the field in the operation of a sluice? :icon_scratch: There are many variables that come into play to operate a sluice efficiently. ??? I am intrigued. :thumbsup:

Happy golding

JW :thumbsup: :coffee2:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
well Nick has sent me a picture of his thoughts along with his explaination of its use,and is going to send me his prototype if he ever get dug out of the snow back east. but looking at his initial design i see potential imporvements already and it could be used/made to fit any peice of equipment made from aluminum or any non-steel device. some people wont got to the extream that Nick sees in pulling the magnetic black sand from the cons. this BS that has fine gold in it ,and it escapes our sluices/cleanup equipment ,but most people dont worry about it and just save the bigger peices. there are a lot of places around the Country that fine gold is primarily what we get, so if we can save it ,we are ahead of the game. yep ,some of us cant afford to get to gold country that often and around home is all we can usually do for gold. Nicks idea is similar to the Gotcha (its on youtube.com)in that it is a magnetic feild that is switched. but you apply it to your size sluice.his prototype is formed around a "grill" for initial testing but can be made from anything you can imagine. i save all my black sands for proccessing latter. ive used rare earth magnets in my cleanup sluice for sometime.and now a product has come on the market really similar to what i made. thats good! his is called "heavy hitter"and is advertised in the ICMJ this month on page 14.his website for this product is: www.sluicemagnet.com so this will give you a idea of what/where Nicks plans are headed. i like seeing peoples ideas and that they actually try to develop something and willing to give it away. i do this and have fun doing it.when i get around to toying with this device ill keep posting the results for all. thanks Nick!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread