How would you grade this morgan? 1878

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
I don't know too much about Morgan's. not sure how this would grade. I may send it to NGC or pcgs. Unless you think it's bad. I believe it is the 7 tail feather version. Thanks!

image-1934087747.jpg

image-4030934641.jpg

It is an 1878 7TF with Reverse of 79 Variety but due to some slight wear on the hair over Miss Liberty's ear, it might squeak by with an MS-62 Grade with mottled surfaces (irregular toning spots)! Nice coin but not really worth the value of paying to have it certified, graded and holdered!

Frank

Very beautiful coin non the less

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Tough to say based on your pic but it COULD be MS63.

In my opinion, it is worthwhile to send it to ANACS. If it comes back MS64 or higher, then it would be very much worthwhile to send it to PCGS.

Nice coin!

I think the reverse would make an MS63 grade (or better) but I doubt the obverse would. Still it's hard to tell exactly from a photo. Go to a couple of coin stores and get their opinion.

58. Shows light wear on breast and above ear/on cheek. My opinion might change in hand, but certainly not higher than 63.

You can weigh your coin against Morgan Dollar in BU condition. I notice heavy toning on your coin or maybe it’s just the way pictures are taken. You can get a great deal of information about this famed U.S. coin on this site dedicated to Morgan Silver Dollar. I think you’ll be pleased with what you learn.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back