How would you search a crowd area after an event?

mudfoot

May 8, 2010
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax, Compadre
Hi; newb question if you don't mind.

I have to work on Tuesday, but I'm curious about working an area where a large crowd watches fireworks on the 4th.

With a GTP 1350, stock coil, what settings would be best for finding the recently dropped surface goodies?

And would it be better to search before or after the grounds crew picks up the litter?

I've always wanted to try that, but it might not be this year.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
mudfoot :help:

Settings are to just disc out Iron and look at the rest. If you only want coins disc out pull tabs as well but you'll get no gold rings this way. As for the ground crew picking up the litter, try to be there before as you never know what you'll eyeball laying on top of the ground, like Bills.....Don't bother to cut any plugs, just scratch the grass if your looking for recent drops. You can always come back later for anything deeper. Even though you might be the first one there, don't run around trying to cover it all at once. Concentrate near any walls, trees, and paths to and from.

Thanks. That sounds like really good advice.

Have you ever tried that yourself?

Yes I have done this in the past and it was a lot of fun. I carried a garbage bag as you never knew what you'd find. Once I took home 3 alum folding chairs someone just walked off and left and sold them at a garage sale.

Sandman said:
Settings are to just disc out Iron and look at the rest. If you only want coins disc out pull tabs as well but you'll get no gold rings this way. As for the ground crew picking up the litter, try to be there before as you never know what you'll eyeball laying on top of the ground, like Bills.....Don't bother to cut any plugs, just scratch the grass if your looking for recent drops. You can always come back later for anything deeper. Even though you might be the first one there, don't run around trying to cover it all at once. Concentrate near any walls, trees, and paths to and from.

Good advice as always Sandman...The wall thing for sure...

Start where the longest/most concentrated people were. However, people sitting on a hill lose more then people sitting on a flat surface. Also, the longer grass hides the lost coins, the areas with no grass, hide nothing unless it is sand.

Goood luck!

Thanks to everyone for the advice.
mudfoot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back