What's new

HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!! UPDATE!

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
2,005
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I found this huge old fashioned water/coin jar at an antique shop today. ITS HUGE! It was only 8 bucks wich is a great deal. I have already started filling it with coins from my pocket change. In a year when its full (if it is) it can hold thousands of dollars in change. Wish me luck! Thanks for looking!

Its about 0.001% full (10 dollars worth inside already) for those wishing to keep track... ;D

-CC


(Note the size compared to an apple)
 

Attachments

  • DSCF2518.webp
    DSCF2518.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 2,819
  • DSCF2519.webp
    DSCF2519.webp
    25 KB · Views: 2,842
Upvote 0
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

Dag gum it cool ! I thought you had found a large cache by that title ! Nice find any who . ;D
 
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

The title clearly states that its a coin jar.... THANKS FOR LOOKING!

;)

-CC
 
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

When those are full you literally can't move them, haha. You will just have to push it over and take the money out slowly.
 
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

coolcash2004 said:
The title clearly states that its a coin jar.... THANKS FOR LOOKING!

;)

-CC

Yeah a huge coin jar that could of been buried under a old barn with gold & silver coins ! ;D ;D ;D
 
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

I agree with Spitfire;
misleading; ;)
you found a huge jar; :)
you turned it into a coin jar. :) ;D

What type of apples are those?

have a good un..............
 
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

Thanks everyone! I wish it was filled with barbers, seateds, colonials, gold coins, and maybe even a few doubloons. ;D

Maybe i will put it on a wagon and carry it into the yard to burry it when im done! :D

Sherm, its a mixed grouo of apples. We got the apple picking yesterday at a farm (it was lots of fun). Some idagolds, idareds, red delicious, golden delicious, and a few other i cant name. They all taste delicios though!

-CC
 
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

Hey C.C......got one like that ...maybe bigger.I put my pocket change in.First time to fill took two years and just over $1900. Had to have wieghed over 300lbs Good luck....Joe
 
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

Thanks, mines about 3 feet tall i'd say, the top 3/4 feet isnt in the pic.

-CC
 
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

Think of the Silver you can buy when it's full:

5,000 Mercury Dimes

1.000 Walker Halves


You know the rest, Dude.


DM
 
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

Hey that is a good idea, a glass one! I have the plastic kind, and its about half full.. prob is I can't lift it. If I do, the bottom looks like it will break! That change adds up fast! I would fill it for awhile, the take the coins out and put them into rolls.. the put the rolls back in the jar. Good luck with filling it! Remember not to put any silver or key date coins in there :)
 
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

bscofield6 said:
You will just have to push it over and take the money out slowly.

Nah. Just gotta know the secret...
 

Attachments

  • hammer.webp
    hammer.webp
    1.5 KB · Views: 2,694
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

dont forget thet when it gets about half full it will be VERY fragile... we had one when i was a kid was about half full and it got a very slight bump one day.... glass and coins were all over the floor..... DO NOT try to pick it up or move it (especially tilting it over) after it gets half or more full...... better put it in its permanent location now..... good luck getting it full

Marty
 
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

Thanks for the replies!

I was thinking about going with 2500 SLQ's, and maybe some morgan dollars. ;D

Good idea, i better get it in its permanent location soon!

-CC
 
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

Very nice find. Now go find a dimeon pin.

Badger
 
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

That would be very nice to find Badger!

-CC
 
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

AWSOME!!!!! I want one!! Right now Leigh anne and I have change wars, and every month we add up our change and see who won. Then we put it in a plastic jug. We got 120.00 the first month and 117 yesterday. A container like that would be perfect Great find CC!!
 
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

Thanks BC!

-CC
 
Re: HUGE COIN JAR FOUND!!!

Nice jar, but be careful when it gets heavy the glass may not be able to take the pressure of the heavy coins and could break.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom