What's new

Huge gold nugget!

Now THAT is a keeper! Great website-- thanks!
 
Wow! That's incredible! 294.10 troy ounces or 322.7 ounces equals 20.17 pounds! Any idea what that would sell for on todays market as is (unrefined)? Anyone?
 
Yeah, I've got a few of them laying around in my backyard ;)
 
:oAnd to think, I get excited when I find nearly microscopic flakes of gold in Ohio streams!!??!!
 
I haven't studied much about gold but are those large nuggets just found in Alaska?
Kinda makes me want to include Alaska in some vacation plans.
Thanks for the web link.
 
most of the bigger gold nuggets are being found in Australia. If you're really interested in going to Alaska and finding nuggets like the one above, you need to visit this website, and go to the Alaska gold mining forum. The gentlemen who own the land where that was found offer one week stays during the summer... limited number of slots available each summer. I think the first week or two have already been filled for next year.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom