Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I lied. ;) The blade is only 1.25"

But this thread has died down and I wanted to get something going. So I want to know (and see) what junk you all have been finding. I had been throwing my magnet off of a fishing pier into the Humboldt Bay for about an hour and gave up because the tide was going out real fast and I had not gotten a single thing. Later when cleaning things at home I saw the blade.

There was one spot where the magnet would stick to something and it was a tug of war to pull it off. I tried several times to pull it up but it might just be a steel beam from an older pier that used to be in the same spot.

Attachments

• MAGFIND01.jpg
    MAGFIND01.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 228

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just received my magnet for Xmass but all the water near me is frozen so no magnet fishing.

thisandthatish

Greenie
Jan 22, 2017
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett 300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My husband recovered a motorcycle magnet fishing with one of those neodymium magnets.

The same day he also recovered a pocket knife my dad dropped at the marina the year before. I cleaned it up and my dad used it for another few years.

MADJOKER

Jun 25, 2011
Missouri City, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Just ordered my magnet, never been magnet fishing. I got a neodymium one with 500# pull and is 3.25" in diameter. Thinking in hindsight a 500# maybe a bit much and figure I will find some cool stuff or get the magnet stuck on something that I will not be able to pull it off of. Time will tell![emoji12][emoji12]

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I will find some cool stuff or get the magnet stuck on something that I will not be able to pull it off of.

my magnet only has a 150# pull ($9 from harbor freight) when it found that hunk of metal it was literally a tug of war. i didn't want to just yank it off, I wanted to see if I could free it from the muck.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I lied. ;) The blade is only 1.25"

But this thread has died down and I wanted to get something going. So I want to know (and see) what junk you all have been finding. I had been throwing my magnet off of a fishing pier into the Humboldt Bay for about an hour and gave up because the tide was going out real fast and I had not gotten a single thing. Later when cleaning things at home I saw the blade.

There was one spot where the magnet would stick to something and it was a tug of war to pull it off. I tried several times to pull it up but it might just be a steel beam from an older pier that used to be in the same spot.
That's when you switch over to a weighted grapnel! Make sure you add another rope to the bottom to pull backwards if you get snagged.

You might not be lying! To a short guy that blades huge!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread