What's new

HUGE nut & something left over from Woodstock

Breezie

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
6,278
Reaction score
2,120
Golden Thread
1
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HUGE nut & something left over from Woodstock

I got out for a short hunt today in the yard of a homestead built in 1870's. I found this huge nut, which is about the size of a tangerine. It is threaded on the inside. Any ideas on what it could have been used?

The pipe looks to be a hashes pipe left over from the 1960's. It is marked LEE. The Barber dime is dated 1898, but I want to make a separate post about it.

Thanks in advance, Breezie
 

Attachments

  • LargeNut1.webp
    LargeNut1.webp
    50.3 KB · Views: 654
  • LargeNut2.webp
    LargeNut2.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 647
Re: HUGE nut & something left over from Woodstock

author=Gonehunting

Larry you didn't tell me you were a comedian too...Buttons, plates, riding crops, jokes..... man you need to publish a book... :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

I think he already has . . .well, he's contributed to published books . . .isn't that right?
 
Upvote 0
Re: HUGE nut & something left over from Woodstock

Gonehunting you're about the 1,000th person that said I should publish a book. Breezie's right I've helped with several but never wrote one of my own. Darn dumb me, now that I've helped everyone else with their books I don't have anything to write about. :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
Re: HUGE nut & something left over from Woodstock

Breezie said:
vayank54 said:
And so Breezie might we ask how you have come to know so much about mammy made hash pipes?????? :laughing7: :laughing7:

Weeeeeell, back in college just about 1 out of 5 people had one. It was not my cup of tea because I was more into the sorority scene. ;D


Breezie,

As I've read you say many times about brass "sniff it" if it smell like hash then you know, just don't sniff it to much!! :laughing9: :laughing9:

Skip
 
Upvote 0
Re: HUGE nut & something left over from Woodstock

When I dig those elbows up around here, they have little fine mesh screens in them, and that makes them.........Hash Pipes.......NGE
 
Upvote 0
Re: HUGE nut & something left over from Woodstock

nowgittineverything said:
When I dig those elbows up around here, they have little fine mesh screens in them, and that makes them.........Hash Pipes.......NGE

The bad thing about it, you can get arrested for having drug paraphernalia, and the Barney Fife's around here would not listen to ' I found it while MD-ing.' Of course I thought about that after I brought it home.

Skip, I've already chunked it, but if I find another one, I'll mail it to you for the 'Scratch & Sniff' test . . . .oh, wait, nevermind, that would be a Federal offense if I mailed it. LOL :laughing7:

Thanks to all for the info and post. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Re: HUGE nut & something left over from Woodstock

nowgittineverything said:
When I dig those elbows up around here, they have little fine mesh screens in them, and that makes them.........Hash Pipes.......NGE
If lost in the 60-70s it would be a hash pipe but nowadays its a crack pipe. :( I find them on the beach.
 
Upvote 0
Re: HUGE nut & something left over from Woodstock

I almost feel like I'm in the same room with you guys and gals. My birth year begins with 195 too.
I missed Woodstock, but I have seen Bob Marley Live at Western Springs in 1979.
And I am still alive. ;D
Mike
 
Upvote 0
Re: HUGE nut & something left over from Woodstock

bigcypresshunter said:
nowgittineverything said:
When I dig those elbows up around here, they have little fine mesh screens in them, and that makes them.........Hash Pipes.......NGE
If lost in the 60-70s it would be a hash pipe but nowadays its a crack pipe. :( I find them on the beach.
We have a terrible destructive drug scene anywhere in this, our World, with methamphetamines and similar.
Mike
 
Upvote 0
Re: HUGE nut & something left over from Woodstock

All I've learned about recreational drugs, is from neighbors and T.V. Oops, and the internet. I have never ever even had a small toke on a joint, have had Vicodin for kidney stone pain (don't like the stuff), don't like the smell of brushfires, let alone the smell of marijuana. I have had a couple drinks in my lifetime (wedding) in '78. Believe it or not, I have the original bottle of Cold Duck around here somewhere ( from our honeymoon suite ) unopened! I never ever drank to get drunk! A little good wine here and there at a social gathering with food. Maybe it has something to do with being born again in 1968, the year I turned 18. I have had a lot of people question me about no drugs or alcohol, especially future employers (they laugh at me) then send me for drug tests. If I don't say anything wrong, then usually hired on the spot! I've done autobody and frame repair for 45 years, and never once turned to either evil. Only turned to prayer, and spiritual intervention when I had a problem with a vehicle. So, if anyone ever asks where I get my info from on drugs, you know the whole truth about me :coffee2: CHEERS!...........NGE
 
Upvote 0
Re: HUGE nut & something left over from Woodstock

nowgittineverything said:
All I've learned about recreational drugs, is from neighbors and T.V. Oops, and the internet. I have never ever even had a small toke on a joint, have had Vicodin for kidney stone pain (don't like the stuff), don't like the smell of brushfires, let alone the smell of marijuana. I have had a couple drinks in my lifetime (wedding) in '78. Believe it or not, I have the original bottle of Cold Duck around here somewhere ( from our honeymoon suite ) unopened! I never ever drank to get drunk! A little good wine here and there at a social gathering with food. Maybe it has something to do with being born again in 1968, the year I turned 18. I have had a lot of people question me about no drugs or alcohol, especially future employers (they laugh at me) then send me for drug tests. If I don't say anything wrong, then usually hired on the spot! I've done autobody and frame repair for 45 years, and never once turned to either evil. Only turned to prayer, and spiritual intervention when I had a problem with a vehicle. So, if anyone ever asks where I get my info from on drugs, you know the whole truth about me :coffee2: CHEERS!...........NGE
Good on you Mate :headbang:
There is nothing wrong with anyone who has never indulged and there is no reason that you should feel guilty about it!
Cheers, Mike
 
Upvote 0
Re: HUGE nut & something left over from Woodstock

nowgittineverything said:
All I've learned about recreational drugs, is from neighbors and T.V. Oops, and the internet. I have never ever even had a small toke on a joint, have had Vicodin for kidney stone pain (don't like the stuff), don't like the smell of brushfires, let alone the smell of marijuana. I have had a couple drinks in my lifetime (wedding) in '78. Believe it or not, I have the original bottle of Cold Duck around here somewhere ( from our honeymoon suite ) unopened! I never ever drank to get drunk! A little good wine here and there at a social gathering with food. Maybe it has something to do with being born again in 1968, the year I turned 18. I have had a lot of people question me about no drugs or alcohol, especially future employers (they laugh at me) then send me for drug tests. If I don't say anything wrong, then usually hired on the spot! I've done autobody and frame repair for 45 years, and never once turned to either evil. Only turned to prayer, and spiritual intervention when I had a problem with a vehicle. So, if anyone ever asks where I get my info from on drugs, you know the whole truth about me :coffee2: CHEERS!...........NGE
Thats great NGE. :icon_thumright: Good to hear. As far as drugs, I havent even heard the word hash used since the 70's. I dont think its very popular nowadays. Crack and amphetamines are the scourge of the modern world. Much more destructive than pot, and hash ever were. If you find any pipes with screens at your neighbors house, I can almost guarantee its not hash, unfortunately :( :( :( Unless you are digging at Woodstock)
 
Upvote 0
Re: HUGE nut & something left over from Woodstock

trikikiwi said:
I almost feel like I'm in the same room with you guys and gals. My birth year begins with 195 too.
I missed Woodstock, but I have seen Bob Marley Live at Western Springs in 1979.
And I am still alive. ;D
Mike
I missed Woodstock but I saw Jimi Hendrix. He was left handed but couldnt afford a left hand guitar so he learned to play with his guitar upside down.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom