What's new

Hunted a favorite old beach this afternoon; "V" nickel and misc. items

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hunted a favorite old beach this afternoon; "V" nickel and misc. items

Nice minus low tide, sunny afternoon today. :icon_sunny:

Hunted on the muddy flats; found several clads, a watch in two pieces, and a "Liberty " nickel.

I can barely make out the date as 1890, but I could be wrong....will electrolyze it and see what appears;will post a pic after cleaning. I love those "V" nickels...too bad this one is in such poor shape from the salty ocean conditions. :'(

The watch I think was once a beauty...it has small stones around the face; will electrolyze this also just out of curiosity. :dontknow:

The small copper coin I'm quite sure is an old penny. :icon_scratch:

Here's pics

Thanks for looking again :)

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • Picture 7283.webp
    Picture 7283.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 332
  • Picture 7284.webp
    Picture 7284.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 348
  • Picture 7286.webp
    Picture 7286.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 338
Upvote 0
Re: Hunted a favorite old beach this afternoon; "V" nickel and misc. items

You did well getting some oldies. Nickel has a lot of corrosion.
 
Re: Hunted a favorite old beach this afternoon; "V" nickel and misc. items

You are right Lorraine...that watch will be a challenge to clean up.
BUT......after seeing the results of your magic in other posts, my
money says you will make it look brand new again. Nice finds.
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Re: Hunted a favorite old beach this afternoon; "V" nickel and misc. items

If you can make that watch look good well then you should go into business!! good hunt!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom