Hunted A Pounded To Death Beach Today Using The AT Pro - Sniper Coil, Infinium And A

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Spent about 7 hours in smoothie like conditions dodging small ice flows, hoping to get at least a little :coins:. It was cold in the water, but hot outside. The sniper coil really surprised me :icon_thumright:

Below is a link to a short video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW59-lwaPtY&feature=youtu.be

DSCN0248.JPG

DSCN0252.JPG

DSCN0255.JPG

Last edited:
sniper coil is one little coil. Havent used mine in a while

sniper coil is one little coil. Havent used mine in a while

If I was only allowed one coil for a metal detector......the sniper coil would be my first choice. Although larger coils as a rule get better depth, there are consequences such as decreased ID ability, less sensitivity to tiny objects and masking of good targets, especially in multiple targets areas.

Less is more when there is lots if trash. I also would pick a sniper coil if I could only have one coil. I might have found a compromise of sorts by using a Tesoro Clean Sweep Coil(3"X18"). Sweep side to side as normal and push coil ahead and pull back using the tip to get between trash or bushes, rocks, etc.

Good video John

The video was made to show how one of the smallest coils available competes with one of the deepest machines available with larger coils. Bigger is not always better. Each coil performs well in it's own niche.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back