Hunted a yard while at work ;)

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work for an auctioneer sometimes when they call and need an extra hand at setting an auction up. We had been at the same house the past 2 days and I decided to try out the tiny little strip in the front between the house and the street. There is a large, NEW, concrete porch, so most of the dirt has been moved or removed, but I still gave it a go. I got a litte shell gas token right off the bat... and then 2 memorials... and then about 4" deep a nice 1936P Washington Silver Quarter. Not bad for 10min of work and hunting EVERY INCH of that yard, haha.

The house next door though is OLD, probably 1880s or older judging by the architecture and type/color of brick used. If it's not raining on Monday I plan on asking the owners to see if I can hunt their yard... oh the possibilities...

Upvote 0

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Quarter!!!
Good Luck with the neighbor.

Joe

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
Good luck. Hope u get permission and continue to post those great finds.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Old house yards are the best,
especially if there's not 3 feet
of weeds grown up around them.
Good find, best of luck to you.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boobydoo said:
Old house yards are the best,
especially if there's not 3 feet
of weeds grown up around them.
Good find, best of luck to you.

Smiles!
BDoo

The yard is rather hideous as far as lots of nasty weeds laying on lots of mud... not much real grass to speak of... but they do mow it and keep the weeds down, so that is certainly nice. Not a huge lot of land, but should still produce some goodies if the ground hasn't been pushed around.

froggy38383

Sep 27, 2005
Good show on the finds... Reminds me of earlier this year. Had purchased a DeLeon, was itching to try it. As soon as we had a day above freezing I hopped in my truck and snuck off to a local playground during work hours to try it in the melting snow.

I was almost back to my truck when a couple of co workers in a truck saw me...

Later that day one of them said to me, "Oh, we saw your twin today when we were driving around!"

All I could do was smile.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Sounds like a nice hunt - little effort with good rewards. ;D

You are making the rounds I see - making the most of every opportunity. That's what you have to do in this hobby. You wait and it's gone.

Good luck on getting permission at that 1880s home.

Mirage

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
Wow, that's inspiring!

I just started in this hobby (been only once so far) and have been meaning to search my own yard. The house was built in 1900 and sits on close to a 1/4 acre. There was a fire that destroyed a good 1/3 of the house in the '30s so the yard could hold just about anything. After reading this post, I'm excited to get out there! Hmmm, detecting in the dark... :)

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eathan said:
Wow, that's inspiring!

I just started in this hobby (been only once so far) and have been meaning to search my own yard. The house was built in 1900 and sits on close to a 1/4 acre. There was a fire that destroyed a good 1/3 of the house in the '30s so the yard could hold just about anything. After reading this post, I'm excited to get out there! Hmmm, detecting in the dark... :)

If the house was built in 1900 you should find at least 1 or 2 pieces of silver out there and a dozen wheats or more I bet! Good luck hunting it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions