What's new

Hunted my new field today.

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id have to say it was productive. The cotton was pulled yesterday and it was all over the ground and I still was able to locate 2 camp sites so far. When the ground is cleaner I hope to find more. Hope you enjoy, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_4400.webp
    100_4400.webp
    257.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_4401.webp
    100_4401.webp
    153.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_4402.webp
    100_4402.webp
    101.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 100_4404.webp
    100_4404.webp
    133.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_4405.webp
    100_4405.webp
    121.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_4406.webp
    100_4406.webp
    125.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_4408.webp
    100_4408.webp
    116.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_4415.webp
    100_4415.webp
    137.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_4416.webp
    100_4416.webp
    155.3 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0
Some nice finds:thumbsup:I know what you are talking about with the cotton its tough and will make you go snow blind. I tried to walk after cotton pickers but it's to hard so I just wait till they come back and disk.
 
I'm always amazed at how much stuff you guys find. Man, I'm stoked to find one thing. That an awesome point by the way.
 
Alright!!!
Some Actual nice artifacts! Way to go Rock!
 
Great finds rock these dang old sycamore leaves are killin me here lol
 
You had a good hunt. I know you must be excited about hunting there when the conditions are much better. I look forward to you future finds from your new field.
 
Bolen Bevel is the dark one. Early Archaic 10k-7k B.P. The best Bolen I have ever found. That blck one was a real Heart Breaker just the very left side is missing on it. I believe it is a Brewton side notch. Yeah it looks like its going to be a good field.
 
Rock...looks like you got a good spot to keep looking at...I am impressed with your work to find new spots and secure permission to hunt them...that is a skill that is an asset...nice hunt!
 
Thanks this morning I saw a guy standing in his front driveway. So I stopped and waved he waved back. I pulled in his driveway due to the fact he had a creek rite next to his house. I talked to him for a while and then asked permission to walk his creek. He said sure if you like. It was like a jungle and a swamp mixed. I couldnt go far but I could tell there wasnt much in that spot due to all of the mud and no rocks present so I left and as leaving the creek I found an old spring barley running but covered with trees and leaves. I could of worked it but I would of had to dig and he had told me he was renting the place so I didnt ask. Its amazing what properties you can gain just my being nice to a person.
 
Yes a good reputation also !!!
 
Any guess on this one? I know what it is but its crude.
 

Attachments

  • 100_4415.webp
    100_4415.webp
    137.3 KB · Views: 95
Looks like a hand held grinder but I can't tell how thick it is
 
Rock what a great looking point. Strong work on it. Nice addition to your collection. Congratulations it looks perfect! You earned that one!
HH
 
Looks like a hand held grinder but I can't tell how thick it is

Dang I figued I could stump you guys. It is a grinder made from quartzite cobble. Now how bout the other one? Just a core or what?
 
Dang I figued I could stump you guys. It is a grinder made from quartzite cobble. Now how bout the other one? Just a core or what?

Yep one they chunked but future garden art.
 
It always hard for me to tell on quartzite I'd agree core or preform need pic at the other side
 
Pretty nice point in your 7th photo. :icon_thumleft: Congratulations on finding a productive field.
 
Nice! That black point is stellar! All of the finds are really nice! That one tops the cake!
 
Nice!
That's the best made point I've seen you find.
That recent stemmer is second.
Glad to see you finally found a good field.
Looks like one piece is a neat little graver with a few spurs... Mabey..
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom