What's new

Hunted my new field today.

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id have to say it was productive. The cotton was pulled yesterday and it was all over the ground and I still was able to locate 2 camp sites so far. When the ground is cleaner I hope to find more. Hope you enjoy, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_4400.webp
    100_4400.webp
    257.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_4401.webp
    100_4401.webp
    153.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_4402.webp
    100_4402.webp
    101.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 100_4404.webp
    100_4404.webp
    133.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_4405.webp
    100_4405.webp
    121.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_4406.webp
    100_4406.webp
    125.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_4408.webp
    100_4408.webp
    116.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_4415.webp
    100_4415.webp
    137.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_4416.webp
    100_4416.webp
    155.3 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0
Nice!
That's the best made point I've seen you find.
That recent stemmer is second.
Glad to see you finally found a good field.
Looks like one piece is a neat little graver with a few spurs... Mabey..
I didnt even know the first shot I sent you was a point with the side damaged till I got it home and looked at it. I marked the site with the surrounding structure in the distance so when they come back and plow or disc it I will know rite where to go to find the good stuff. The other spot was on top of a little hill the highest ground point of the field. The first pic is broken flake tools and a point tip.
 
It always hard for me to tell on quartzite I'd agree core or preform need pic at the other side

It has the cortex removed on both sides so it could go either way. Just too hard to tell with the plow damage on it. I almost threw it away till I noticed the square flakes removed on it.
 
Nice! That black point is stellar! All of the finds are really nice! That one tops the cake!

Yeah it was strange just sitting on top of the stems from the cotton, not even in the dirt like the plants had moved it up from the dirt. Its my new favorite for the yr and older than what I usually find on the other side of the road closer to the creek. This field is probably a .25 of a mile from there. No water in sight.
 
I had to go back yesterday to see if I had missed any. I hadnt and only found bits and pieces. When they disc I will be back.
There is only one thing sexier that a arrowhead that I know of :thumbsup:
 
Have you ever thought about using a metal rake to turn soil over in a productive area..then go back after a rain?
Nothing damaging ..just "fluffing"
 
Have you ever thought about using a metal rake to turn soil over in a productive area..then go back after a rain?
Nothing damaging ..just "fluffing"

I have to be real careful as to what I ask to do in the fields. I did however see them picking cotton in a different field though :hello2:
 
Dang its been a fun week but I have to go back to work today. :unhappysmiley: I did a different hunt everyday this week. Everyone have a great weekend, rock
 
Good results, rock. Good luck there. The Bolen is sweet....
 
that point is really nice rock.great job on that one,thanks for sharing .
 
that point is really nice rock.great job on that one,thanks for sharing .

Lets see some of yours you have found. I know you have found some good ones. Come on man share.
 
hey rock,will not be long and ill show ya some new ones.got a real boost today as mr larson sent me my mojo stick.can not find my camera to take pictures of it but it is great.he is such a nice person.even sent the first finds a cool scrapper of knife river flint two of them as a matter of fact.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom