Hunted Out Saxon Site - another Spanish silver...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This field we hit hard last year after many years of repeat visits & we never found the better targets we hoped for. This year the field has only had a 6 inch turn & the conditions are far from perfect so we never expected to get so many hits.(had plenty of rain though) Nice surprise, so we stuck it out for just over 5 hours of gridding.
You search years for something & then 2 come along, almost at once. My first Spanish silver was a little early for my liking & now this one is a little late, fingers crossed the next is a cob.:blackbeard:

17th C Button
Blank silver coin
3.5 Jettons
2 Rose Farthings
13th C broken bit of Annular Brooch
Broken Saxon Strap-end:unhappysmiley:
1755 1/2 Real, Lima Mint.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 468
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 25
Hey at least it has a Lima Peru mintmark.

Congrats Cru. Very well done, as usual.

I enjoy seeing all of the really old relics and coins that you and Crudad find. Thanks for posting, and giving me a free education!

Hope that you both have a nice weekend.

Congrats Cru. Very well done, as usual.

I enjoy seeing all of the really old relics and coins that you and Crudad find. Thanks for posting, and giving me a free education!

Hope that you both have a nice weekend.
Thanks...

Good stuff! I don't know how you kept on detecting after all those non-Spanish silver years...oh, wait...

Man that place is still loaded.
Like that large fancy button.
I guess I missed the post with your first Spanish, you say too early, what was it ?

Happy for you, Cru. Middle photo, top left button--WOW! So gorgeous. Great job. -Lisa & John

Great finds! Had no idea you guys get those Spanish as well.

I like that Spanish silver!! I'd like to find just one with a full date. The rest of the coin can be toast, just would like to see a full date.
Congrats on another pile of Sweet finds!!

Very nice group of finds, especially for a hunted out field (they're never really hunted out)

Nice Spanish silver. Although pierced, the condition is otherwise rather good. My wife is from Peru. When I lived there I found a peruvian Silver coin with a hole in it also. It might have been common to pierce coins in order to wear them or secure them on a string? Just my guess.. Hope to find lots of similar ones when I go to Peru in August with my better detector.

Very nice group of finds, especially for a hunted out field (they're never really hunted out)
We know. But somehow we have cherry picked all the good stuff & left the buttons.:dontknow: Although there always was plenty of button on this field.

Nice Spanish silver. Although pierced, the condition is otherwise rather good. My wife is from Peru. When I lived there I found a peruvian Silver coin with a hole in it also. It might have been common to pierce coins in order to wear them or secure them on a string? Just my guess.. Hope to find lots of similar ones when I go to Peru in August with my better detector.
Yes, & they sewn them in their clothes for a safe travel.

Happy for you, Cru. Middle photo, top left button--WOW! So gorgeous. Great job. -Lisa & John
Yeap, pleased with that one.

That's great! So strange how these things work out. Happy for you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back