Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't have much time this morning because of honey does. Quickly ran along the grandstand and side line of a "hunted out" soccer field. Found plenty of tarets but got tired of digging clad pennies! Picked up a quarter, three dimes, a nickel and 11 clad pennies. Also found a little pin showing the Muctang car emblem with the numerals '66 painted in enamel on front. Didn't see a 925 anywhere, but I think it's sterling becaue it's not magnetic and a little Tarnex really made it shine! The coins are mouinting up in my coffee cans again and I have some new "treasures" to add to my cache! No pics this time, maybe later in past finds forum? Excellent! MONTY

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Mustang Emblem Sound Cool.

HH
Jeff

R

rvbvetter

#66 sounds like a Carrol Shelby number, of Cobra car fame.
Nice finds!! WTG!! HH

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Soccer fields are fun, aren't they, jimmileo? I recently discovered the joys of hunting a huge 8 field soccer complex that apparently has never been hunted before. I've spent a total of about 15 hours there in two weeks, and so far have pulled 61 quarters, 48 dimes, 24 nickels, about 100 pennies, one .925 ring, one sterling heart pendant, a gold placed crucifix and gold-plated "A" pendant and a .925 keychain. The hunting is so easy, most of the field is new, so everything sits about 3" down, I just probe everything out! And this is just off the sidelines and about 20% of the interior of one of the fields! Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This field is a multiplex but only hunted around the grandstand and off to one side where the lawn chair moms sit of the one closest to the road. Was told by the groundskeeper that everyone and his brother had hunted it. But, at least most of the trash was gone! JIM

jreamy4

Oct 6, 2005
South Carolina
I've got a soccer field complex near my office....they built about 15 of them in a row on an old airport runway.....looks like its time to head on over!

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jraemy, when you get the chance to hunt it, concentrate at both ends of the bleachers where they put lawn chairs, along and in front of the bleachers and down the sidelines on both sides of the line about 2 feet either side. And for some reason I always find some quarters behind the goalie net. I haven't found much out on the field itself as it is a violation of the rules to wear jewelry I suppose? Good Luck! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread