"Hunted out" yard keeps giving.....

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
Three times now the first signal when I turned the detector on at this site was old silver. It's unusual for the silver to outdo the Indians in an old yard, but I got two seated and this Barber now and only one Indian. Hooray for hunted out yards.
1900BarberDime.jpg

Upvote 34

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three times now the first signal when I turned the detector on at this site was old silver. It's unusual for the silver to outdo the Indians in an old yard, but I got two seated and this Barber now and only one Indian. Hooray for hunted out yards. View attachment 2118204
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted my parents yard several times every year for about 30 years in various soil conditions (dry, wet, hot, cold, etc.) and used different angles of approach and different sweep speeds and always managed to find things I had previously missed.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Takes an awful lot to convince me a place is hunted out- keep at it and I'm sure there'll be more. Nice Barber!!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will never declare a site "hunted out".

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found that a "fast sweep" will find a silver dime deeper than a slow sweep. Anyone agree?

MD Ghost F75

Mar 27, 2022
Harford County, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Three times now the first signal when I turned the detector on at this site was old silver. It's unusual for the silver to outdo the Indians in an old yard, but I got two seated and this Barber now and only one Indian. Hooray for hunted out yards. View attachment 2118204
Perhaps you should just hunt for 10 minutes each day. You’ll have one hell of a coin collection!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE going :) you are making believers out of a lot of people irgoodger :)

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IRGOODGER, is that extensive list of finds you have from Michigan? I may just have to RETHINK this AZ stuff and head up that way.... if you have room for another detectorist in the neighborhood. That list is IMPRESSIVE! ╦╦ç

OP
OP
lrgoodger

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
IRGOODGER, is that extensive list of finds you have from Michigan? I may just have to RETHINK this AZ stuff and head up that way.... if you have room for another detectorist in the neighborhood. That list is IMPRESSIVE! ╦╦ç
Most of it was found in Michigan. A lot in Indiana since I am close to the state line. Some on business trips or vacations, but mostly Michigan. It's getting harder and harder to find a productive place, though, since all the parks and public schools and most churches are hunted out now (or at least heavily hunted).

OP
OP
lrgoodger

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
I did finally get a second IHP from this yard Tuesday (a 1902), which I gave to the owner along with a 1919-S Lincoln that was brand new when dropped. It is now green, of course. I gave them the first IHP too, an 1881 and I offered him a handful (8 pieces, I think) of wheaties I had found there, but he declined. I just wanted to show him that the other hunters most likely HAD found coins, they just didn't tell him.

OP
OP
lrgoodger

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
There is a catch to that list. I hit a once in a lifetime site here in Michigan. You can read about it here;

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well there ya go bro! Nice....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread