What's new

hunted today...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ohioan
  • Start date Start date
O

Ohioan

Guest
Got my first 2 rolls of halves to search today. Came up empty. I was wondering though if the bicentenial 1976 halves are worth saving? I also got 2 rolls of dimes today and pulled out a 1968 canadian silver dime. I also got a standing lincoln and 2 cabins. :headbang: Went through some pennies too only found about 1.00 worth copper.
 
Upvote 0
most time u wont pull silver from 2 rolls, so dont get discouraged, keep up the hunt...also, if u save 1976 halves/quarts., ull go broke very soon, but to everone their own...also, does the dime stick to a magnet?? cuz i think some 1968's were silver, and some were steel, and if it sticks, its not silver. good luck, and happy hunting! (HH)
 
Thanks for that info chomp I didn't know about the steel , just checked with magnet and it stuck. Ya learn something new everyday :icon_scratch: Thanks again.
 
He's correct. Give it the magnet test.
 
dang, thats a bummer, but i usually save canadian coins anyway, so still its a keeper in my book. try if u can to get a box of dimes, cuz u'll usually be able to get a silver dime of some sort per box, and banks usually have dime boxes on hand. hope ur next roll/box is a dream roll/box!!! (or u get some silver at least) keep it up and hh!
 
I say keep every 1976 that you find. :laughing7:

Golden silver
 
I think i'll go with chomps advice golden silver :laughing7:

I'm kinda new to this ya know :icon_scratch:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom