Hunting along rivers and creeks

Ridge Runner

Greenie
Jan 18, 2008
Hunting along river's and creek's

I've doing some research on a treasure that was lost in a flood.I'm about to get a location where the land is being it was maybe on a creek are the river this creek goes into.I'll know more when I get this book I'm waiting for now being it say's it list the land owners at that time.
What is the rule are law about when you are trespassing if you stay within the normal run of the river. I know that creeks that run through private property comes under trespassing.
I have found out as I get older I eat more humble pie than I did when I was younger.I don't think my skin is as thick as years ago and time,people have changed.I remember when you could walk down the river bank fishing and the land owner just ask if your having any luck.
Chuck

TXDIRTFISHER

Dec 11, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
F75LTD / Tejon
Re: Hunting along river's and creek's

I think TreasureTales is correct. If it is a navigable waterway then you are safe as long as you are in a boat/canoe/etc. There is a similar issue about a creek near San Antonio that passes over a historic crossing point dating from the Alamo and before. The land owners don't want people on their land so the historical societies and or the city take people in canoes down the creek for history canoe trips to see this old crossing point. I think you'll be ok as long as you stay in the boat.

Sleepless

Mar 14, 2008
Re: Hunting along river's and creek's

You can check Texas river law at the TPWD website. If the stream is navigable (in fact or in law), then it is okay to boat or wade fish it. Navigable has several meanings and does not mean that you have to be in a boat or canoe. It is NOT okay to trespass on private land other than to portage around an obstacle.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread