What's new

Hunting arrowheads in Atlanta area

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2018
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,731
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I metal detect in the Atlanta area for Civil War relics. I am also thinking of spending some time also hunting for arrowheads. Anyone know of some good places to look for arrowheads in the metro Atlanta area?
 
I have found them all around the Atlanta area, even found one at Atlanta University in the downtown section. Most were found in undeveloped areas along the Chattahoochee River. I was born in Atlanta, and lived there 60+ years. My first arrowhead was from East Atlanta. The Native artifacts are still in places, but development has covered in many sites. Many of mine were found while detecting for coins, just because I was looking at the ground.
 
Move from Atlanta ASAP! I spent a year there one week!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom