Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LifeNRA, That's a great buck, the kind everyone dreams about. I killed a little SW Oregon black tail today, and now I'm embarrassed to post a picture after seeing yours. The meat processors scale topped out at 80 pounds of carcass, no hide or head, which is a respectable buck locally.
Almost a month ago I had surgery on my lower back, they repaired a couple of herniated disc's, and although I don't have any pain now, it's almost impossible to walk in the woods or on punched up pasture. If I hadn't of had a friend along, I would have needed to camp along side the animal until he was eaten up. But the two of us got him loaded. Luckily we were able to drive almost to the animal so he wasn't all that hard to drag out and load, and a couple of old coots scored again. Here is my embarrassing picture.

View attachment 886861

Now that is a good deer for the table. It will eat well .Much better than an old rutting buck. Why I stick the does. I have a great recipe for the inside or outer loins.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Damn, y'all are making me hungry...

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
013.JPG

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    295.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    434.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have those same perch here and will often catch them in the winters small mouth fishing. I hear they are delicious. I enjoy the crappie best.

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a good deer for the table. It will eat well .Much better than an old rutting buck. Why I stick the does. I have a great recipe for the inside or outer loins.

Without a doubt the younger deer will be better on the table, but then after seeing this boy walk up to me. I knew I had my dream buck and I had to finalize the deal. That buck I shot was tough to eat in more ways than one! The bolona was ok, but the steaks were like leather. It was nice the following year to have a smaller buck for the table! But there was no way for me to let him pass! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions