Hunting Southeast Texas, Lake Livingston and Galveston/Bolivar??

henrysmom

Sep 24, 2009
I live near Lake Livingston, and am new to metal detecting. Was wondering if anyone can tell me about searching in this area. I have cruised the banks of the Trinity River a time or two but mostly find fishing related stuff.

Also, from time to time we take a road trip to Galveston. I am tempted to take my md with me, but I do not know where I can and cannot go with it. Where is it ok to search and where isn't it in the Galveston/Bolivar area?

Thanks for the info!

MP

mandad76

Jun 26, 2008
BAYTOWN, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
SPECTRA V3i/BHID 300
ANY PUBLIC BEACH AREAS IN GALVESTON OR BOLIVAR ARE OK TO HUNT. CRYSTAL BEACH ON BOLIVAR SIDE - STEWART BEACH EAST BEACH OR ANY BEACHES ALONG SEAWALL ON GALVESTON SIDE. CLOSER TO HOME - READ SOME HISTORY - TALK TO SOME OLD TIMERS - ANY PUBLIC GATHERING PLACES FROM THE PAST - SCHOOLS - PARKS - PICNIC GROUNDS - BRUSH ARBORS - BALL FIELDS - POLITICAL RALLIES - CARNIVAL SITES - RODEO GROUNDS, ETC... LEARN ABOUT SOME OF THE SMALLER TOWNS IN YOUR AREA - SOME MAY HAVE POTENTIAL. WOODVILLE, TRINITY, SEBASTAPOOL - LANDINGS/CROSSINGS/COMMUNITIES ALONG THE RIVER ALL COME TO MIND. HOPE THIS HELPS AND INSPIRES YOU TO GET OUT AND DO SOME HUNTIN. HH MANDAD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions