Hype...on metal detectors..

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got back into metal detecting after years being out of the hobby about 8 months ago and got to looking for a metal detector, at the time it was E-trac and the CTX 3030 and the Whites V3i....what I have found for myself is there is a lot of hype about these machines, if you buy one and think you are just going to jump right into them and start finding deep silver and old coins, I am just not sure you can do that tell you have about 8 months or more time with them, I bought the E-trac and had used it about 6 months and thought I a good handle on it and then went for the 3030, wow...I sold it..and have went back to the older whites analog machines XL Pro and 6000 Di Pro sl...I still have the E-trac, I am not that impressed by it..i spend a lot of time digging trash.I am not saying its not a good machine, but the older whites are what I know and I know what there telling me and there easy to use. I don't dig as much trash and dig a lot more coins.

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Money can buy expensive detectors.

Money will never buy finds.

Experience of the operator is always better than ringins bells and flashing screens.

Yet, I have to admit that I do appreciate The ETP and the Explorer 2 I swing. The last one is en axcellent "finisher" of a good site, and offers unmatchable TID at depth.

But the finds are diferent, if not better, when I use my Classic III SL. Fantatic one too, the III SL....

HH

Grumpy

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whites ....lets you see whats in the ground before you dig it up

Talk about some hype...lol

madmax45680

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
whites 6000 pro xl and whites mxt pro , T2 , whites v3i , whites xlt , minelab etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites spectrum xlt one of the best detectors ever made and ahead of its time i love my xlt!

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think Whites machines have the best discrimination and ID of any machine I have used and thats most of them.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe the experience of the operator and a "quality machine" is the key to success!

farmerboy856

Mar 14, 2007
wi
Detector(s) used
whites v3i ,mxt pro, idx pro garretts pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the fun factor of the v3i. Ive had it for two years and learn something new every time I use it. I haven't really left the factory programs yet because I'm not very good at all the adjustments yet though I'm learning. That's kind of my wife and i's fun machine take it out together big color screen just fun to play with and learn as we go. I do agree anyone that thinks the more they spend the better the finds is simply not true. For our main hunting we use the mxt and a m6 and do well. I will say if we had bought it hoping for bags of gold and silver we would have been disappointed granted I have not learned the ins and outs yet to make any other statements. At the end of the day we are right there with you going back to tried and true models that preform well are easy to learn and fun to use!

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT does have a screen but I can tell by sound if it's junk or a good targets by sound as it has the analog audio like the old style machines and the VDI is a plus which keeps from digging a ton of holes in someone yard. Even though you can't tell where I dug people most likely still don't like seeing someone dig a hundred holes in their yard, which if you do leave the yard in good shape most people will let you come back to dig more of those targets you left, that way you don't have to dig those hundred holes all in one shot. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions