What's new

I Always Liked These Two......

timekiller

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
3,853
Reaction score
965
Golden Thread
1
Location
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's just something about these two points that I like to look at.I just wish they had not been broke when we found them.:sadsmiley: I think it has to do with the thinness & how they were able to work stone like that.I always thought they were classie myself for a point.
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:
 

Attachments

  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 014.webp
    014.webp
    23 KB · Views: 124
  • 015.webp
    015.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0
Hi Pete! I hope you are well. Can you tell me what kind of points those two are. They are nice and thin. Thanks for the view!
 
Nice Pine Tree point. The other one looks like a Meadow-wood point......Both very nice examples....................GTP
 
Hi Pete! I hope you are well. Can you tell me what kind of points those two are. They are nice and thin. Thanks for the view!
I would have thought the one was a palmer mabe even a hardaway palmer.:icon_scratch: I'd like to here what others think about the two.I can tell you that they both were found here on the coast of N.C. Outerbanks.
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:
 
I would have thought the one was a palmer mabe even a hardaway palmer.:icon_scratch: I'd like to here what others think about the two.I can tell you that they both were found here on the coast of N.C. Outerbanks.
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:


Look at its form. That piece is screaming pine tree. A palmer is typically not serrated. At least I have never seen one. I was leaning on Green Briar for the larger one but then saw the other pic of it and it has the tones of the Meadow-wood blade.
 
I would have thought the one was a palmer mabe even a hardaway palmer.:icon_scratch: I'd like to here what others think about the two.I can tell you that they both were found here on the coast of N.C. Outerbanks.
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:


Here is one style of the pine tree point. Looks like your point..............GTP

Indian Artifacts, Arrowheads: Auth. Tenn. Arrowhead (08/09/2007)...


Look at its form. That piece is screaming pine tree. A palmer is typically not serrated. At least I have never seen one. I was leaning on Green Briar for the larger one but then saw the other pic of it and it has the tones of the Meadow-wood blade.
 
Look at its form. That piece is screaming pine tree. A palmer is typically not serrated. At least I have never seen one. I was leaning on Green Briar for the larger one but then saw the other pic of it and it has the tones of the Meadow-wood blade.
Thanks Man for your thought's.I'm not saying your wrong.I just try to stick with what normally would be found here.I really like your in put.But they made serrrated kirk stemmed bifurcated point's,amos,bolen bevel,charston pine tree,fountian creek,palmer,hardaway palmer,taylor,& van lott.All found here in N.C..
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

Check here................. http://www.archaeology.ncdcr.gov/uwharrie/oliver25.html
 
After looking over those kirk serrated points it is very close. I still feel like that one may be typed a pine tree......................Nice find either way...........GTP
 
Makes me regret not artifact hunting all the times I went to Buxton when I was younger to go surfing.
 
Nice and thin :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom