I Am a Sentinel

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Mdog, I've tried researching this angle myself, and got no further back than Bob Brewer, in Hatfield, AR., and his assertions that his grandfather and uncle were "Sentinels" for the KGC. Before that, I've found volumes on the Masons and KGC....but nothing regarding "Sentinels". Lots of Jesse James mixed in amongst the rest, and Brewer relied heavily on that connection as well.

I wish you much luck in turning up more. It would be interesting, for sure.

Bob was unaware of the KGC and his ancestors' alleged involvement with them until he read the Black Book in the early 1990s, started pondering family oddities, and then was schooled by two guys from Oklahoma, Michael Griffith and Bud Hardcastle (Hardcastle particularly). Some of the very best sources for all types of KGC lore and discussion are the genealogy forums, particularly the huge extended James family catalogs. Pay also attention to other alleged outlaw and KGC names too. A lot of private family history surfaced in these threads - information unavailable elsewhere. As always, a reader needs to try to filter this stuff for himself, which leads to a helluva lot of work and effort, but that's the case with any and all claims with controversial subjects. It's a rabbit hole, partly truth and partly fiction.

Brewer was never completely satisfied with Warren Getler's work (who had his own agenda) on Shadow of the Sentinel, although there is some very good information in it. Bob by himself wrote a 52-page pamphlet/book in 1994 entitled Forbidden Knowledge that is also very informative. It's worth obtaining if still available. Unfortunately, Brewer's plan to write the ultimate KGC expose never came to fruition, as his choice of for a writer/editor passed away in 2010.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I had a friend that has since passed away. He lived in the area and grinding stumps for a living. He told me the Indian Sentinel's name and I ran it on the Sailor and Soldier's Index and found out he was telling the truth about the man being of a certain outfit from Arkansas and that is when I found out he was in a Choctaw Indian CSA Army Brigade. I believe his general was Stand Wadie a well known KGC member. I have a lot of good leads and places to dig or drill but funds keeps me where I am doing nothing at all. I made several trips down there to Pinckneyville, S.C. and even wrote a story for Lost Treasure magazine called, "Pinckneyville: Fort Knox of the Confederacy." It has been fun but I think my having fun of searching and researching is coming to an end. I have put all of my research into separate boxes and trying to get it all sorted out so someone else can continue my work. Know of any worthy apprentices. I have located 58 depositories of KGC and CSA Gold. I have two well researched locations where the Beale Treasure could be located. I have research on about every land treasure in the Eastern United States and some in South America and the Caribbean. Lost Treasure Magazine once printed three stories I had written in one magazine. I had to use alias for two of them because of them being in the same magazine. I have proven at least three well known treasures were hoaxes. And I have researched the CSA and KGC for 58 years. I have researched the Beale Treasure for over 52 years. So I have quite a large collection of research.

As for being a Sentinel. I have been a Sentinel for some of these treasures I have found for over 20 years. But unlike the real Sentinels I can not shoot and kill anyone getting the treasures I have found??????????

Oh and by the way, I am sorry to say this is my last post. Good bye to all. It has been fun.

Thanks Franklin. I'm sorry to hear this is your last post. You have shared some interesting research and have always been helpful. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding somebody to continue your work. Good luck.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Bob was unaware of the KGC and his ancestors' alleged involvement with them until he read the Black Book in the early 1990s, started pondering family oddities, and then was schooled by two guys from Oklahoma, Michael Griffith and Bud Hardcastle (Hardcastle particularly). Some of the very best sources for all types of KGC lore and discussion are the genealogy forums, particularly the huge extended James family catalogs. Pay also attention to other alleged outlaw and KGC names too. A lot of private family history surfaced in these threads - information unavailable elsewhere. As always, a reader needs to try to filter this stuff for himself, which leads to a helluva lot of work and effort, but that's the case with any and all claims with controversial subjects. It's a rabbit hole, partly truth and partly fiction.

Brewer was never completely satisfied with Warren Getler's work (who had his own agenda) on Shadow of the Sentinel, although there is some very good information in it. Bob by himself wrote a 52-page pamphlet/book in 1994 entitled Forbidden Knowledge that is also very informative. It's worth obtaining if still available. Unfortunately, Brewer's plan to write the ultimate KGC expose never came to fruition, as his choice of for a writer/editor passed away in 2010.

Thanks SDC. I was not aware that Brewer wrote another book. I'll have to look for it.

I read the Black Book and it seems like most of the KGC treasure lore came out of it. It wasn't anything like what I was expecting. It didn't make much sense to me, but then, I have not researched the contents.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks SDC. I was not aware that Brewer wrote another book. I'll have to look for it.

I read the Black Book and it seems like most of the KGC treasure lore came out of it. It wasn't anything like what I was expecting. It didn't make much sense to me, but then, I have not researched the contents.

Yes, you might say that this book put the KGC topic into the public domain, although a fair amount of the lore was well known by smaller groups for years - particularly the "outlaw treasure" hunters in the MO-KS-OK-TX region. Some years ago, an aged friend of mine (now deceased) from the Clovis NM area told me and showed me stuff from his youth, when his father was frequently searching for loot. He was totally unaware of the black book, but one of his stories was about a visit to his father in the 1940s by a "very nice black man, who was one of Jesse's best men", who needed help from his father finding landmarks associated with a treasure cache. This perked my ears, especially when he said the man's name was John Trammel, who of course was the Black Cobra in the book. [Off topic: my old buddy was also well-acquainted with Doc Noss, who spent time in Clovis. He had a scathing opinion of Noss.]

Why was that strange obscure black book published? Good question - revelation, disinformation, work of historical fiction, damage control, permanent record, total bs, hoax ...? Don't know. It's my opinion that the book was describing the alleged structure of the organization by revealing prominent Americans - some well-known, others not - as members. Politicians, captains of commerce, outlaws, etc. Lots of people. Of course, Jesse James could not have been all these folks, and this is why the book is ridiculed by those who attempt to take that premise literally. In the book, Jesse is also credited with many daring deeds involving new twists on well-known and not so well-known American historical events and characters. Again, it's unlikely that he might have done all these things himself, but the message may be that not only was (is) the organization widespread, but historically active in many unreported ways. Just like every sensational robbery anywhere in the US used to attributed to Jesse back in the day (proven to be impossible), the book credits him with being all things KGC (also impossible). You have to do a lot of reading between the lines.

There's no way anyone can say the book is truth because there's no way to validate everything that's in it. The best you can do is check it against circumstantial evidence you might collect from independent sources when researching stuff you're interested in. The things that I've run across that sort of cross-pollinate with the book are plausible, so I can't dismiss it outright. So ... who knows?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
That book was "on-line", FREE, a few years ago, I read it... AMAZING! And Stan Watie (Indian) was Scottish Rite, MAYBE 33rd degree... who worked VERY closely with Gen. Albert Pike, CSA (33rd); VERY interesting history, there... ALSO! HBB's book was written BEFORE Warren got into it with "pics", etc. STILL looking for a copy...

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Yes, you might say that this book put the KGC topic into the public domain, although a fair amount of the lore was well known by smaller groups for years - particularly the "outlaw treasure" hunters in the MO-KS-OK-TX region. Some years ago, an aged friend of mine (now deceased) from the Clovis NM area told me and showed me stuff from his youth, when his father was frequently searching for loot. He was totally unaware of the black book, but one of his stories was about a visit to his father in the 1940s by a "very nice black man, who was one of Jesse's best men", who needed help from his father finding landmarks associated with a treasure cache. This perked my ears, especially when he said the man's name was John Trammel, who of course was the Black Cobra in the book. [Off topic: my old buddy was also well-acquainted with Doc Noss, who spent time in Clovis. He had a scathing opinion of Noss.]

Why was that strange obscure black book published? Good question - revelation, disinformation, work of historical fiction, damage control, permanent record, total bs, hoax ...? Don't know. It's my opinion that the book was describing the alleged structure of the organization by revealing prominent Americans - some well-known, others not - as members. Politicians, captains of commerce, outlaws, etc. Lots of people. Of course, Jesse James could not have been all these folks, and this is why the book is ridiculed by those who attempt to take that premise literally. In the book, Jesse is also credited with many daring deeds involving new twists on well-known and not so well-known American historical events and characters. Again, it's unlikely that he might have done all these things himself, but the message may be that not only was (is) the organization widespread, but historically active in many unreported ways. Just like every sensational robbery anywhere in the US used to attributed to Jesse back in the day (proven to be impossible), the book credits him with being all things KGC (also impossible). You have to do a lot of reading between the lines.

There's no way anyone can say the book is truth because there's no way to validate everything that's in it. The best you can do is check it against circumstantial evidence you might collect from independent sources when researching stuff you're interested in. The things that I've run across that sort of cross-pollinate with the book are plausible, so I can't dismiss it outright. So ... who knows?

Great post, SDC. I had forgotten the story about your old friend and the Black Cobra.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I started this thread at the request of some posters following Sandy 1's thread, A Guide to Vault Treasure Hunting. A very good thread with a lot of signs that I have seen myself.

If any of you other sentinels would like to share your stories, feel free to post them on this thread.

Mdog I am just going to let it rip here and say what I believe, I am not asking anyone else to believe or understand what I write or say unless they choose to....:occasion14:

"While yet the first oaks still put forth their leaves, man lost the perfect knowledge of the One True God, the Ancient Absolute Existence, the Infinite Mind and Supreme Intelligence; and floated helplessly out upon the shoreless ocean of conjecture. Then the soul vexed itself with seeking to learn whether the material Universe was a mere chance combination of atoms, or the work of Infinite, Uncreated Wisdom: . . whether the Deity was a concentrated, and the Universe an extended immateriality; or whether He was a personal existence, an Omnipotent, Eternal, Supreme Essence, regulating matter at will; or subjecting it to unchangeable laws throughout eternity; and to Whom, Himself Infinite and Eternal, Space and Time are unknown. With their finite limited vision they sought to learn the source and explain the existence of Evil, and Pain, and Sorrow; and so they wandered ever deeper into the darkness, and were lost; and there was for them no longer any God; but only a great, dumb, soulless Universe, full of mere emblems and symbols."
- A. Pike

By definition a "sentinel" is a soldier or guard whose job is to stand and keep watch. Most generally that person is posted at the entry to a room, fort, castle, lodge meetings that would even include your local chapter of the FFA. The future Farmers of America. I urge you to look at their familiar symbols and the meaning of each one of them to that particular organisation. When it was founded in Virginia the Letters were FFV and stood for " FIRST FAMILIES OF VIRGINIA" Has anyone heard of them?

One of the "Future Farmers of America" founders named Henry C. Groseclose wrote the by-laws, as well as the constitution that the FFV would be based on. In 1926, he also wrote, and brought into play, the formal ceremony that would take place as an organizational pattern to structure each meeting.The ā€œfirst familiesā€ referred to the families of both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. Referring to Washington and Jefferson, Groseclose once stated that, ā€œThe Future Farmers of America should follow the example of these great sons of early Virginia by using scientific knowledge, intelligence, and enthusiasm to the end that agriculture may again be known as the profession of the real aristocrat.ā€ It is no secret that most of the First Families remained in Virginia, and it was there that they flourished as tobacco planters, and from the sale of slaves to the cotton style. Indeed, many younger sons were relocated into the cotton belt to start their own plantations. The Civil War devastated the Virginia economy, and emancipated all the slaves without compensation. The farming community would go on, but they never forgot what happened to the First Families and they set out to see that it would never happen to a farm family again. If you have not guessed it yet, the founders of the FFA were also Freemasons!

...guarding a future for the young farmer so he would succeed one generation to the next passing down the knowledge through the use of symbolism that was also handed down to them from their forefathers in the Freemasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Families_of_Virginia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_C._Groseclose

. https://ncffa.org/about-us/what-is-ffa/ff-emblem-explained/

The Midnight Freemasons: Beneath the Rising Sun

As for me I am also a sentinel of the K.G.C. who was chosen by fate and fortune to go forward and prepare a future generation as best I can without ever knowing them.

L.C.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Mdog I am just going to let it rip here and say what I believe, I am not asking anyone else to believe or understand what I write or say unless they choose to....:occasion14:

"While yet the first oaks still put forth their leaves, man lost the perfect knowledge of the One True God, the Ancient Absolute Existence, the Infinite Mind and Supreme Intelligence; and floated helplessly out upon the shoreless ocean of conjecture. Then the soul vexed itself with seeking to learn whether the material Universe was a mere chance combination of atoms, or the work of Infinite, Uncreated Wisdom: . . whether the Deity was a concentrated, and the Universe an extended immateriality; or whether He was a personal existence, an Omnipotent, Eternal, Supreme Essence, regulating matter at will; or subjecting it to unchangeable laws throughout eternity; and to Whom, Himself Infinite and Eternal, Space and Time are unknown. With their finite limited vision they sought to learn the source and explain the existence of Evil, and Pain, and Sorrow; and so they wandered ever deeper into the darkness, and were lost; and there was for them no longer any God; but only a great, dumb, soulless Universe, full of mere emblems and symbols."
- A. Pike

By definition a "sentinel" is a soldier or guard whose job is to stand and keep watch. Most generally that person is posted at the entry to a room, fort, castle, lodge meetings that would even include your local chapter of the FFA. The future Farmers of America. I urge you to look at their familiar symbols and the meaning of each one of them to that particular organisation. When it was founded in Virginia the Letters were FFV and stood for " FIRST FAMILIES OF VIRGINIA" Has anyone heard of them?

One of the "Future Farmers of America" founders named Henry C. Groseclose wrote the by-laws, as well as the constitution that the FFV would be based on. In 1926, he also wrote, and brought into play, the formal ceremony that would take place as an organizational pattern to structure each meeting.The ā€œfirst familiesā€ referred to the families of both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. Referring to Washington and Jefferson, Groseclose once stated that, ā€œThe Future Farmers of America should follow the example of these great sons of early Virginia by using scientific knowledge, intelligence, and enthusiasm to the end that agriculture may again be known as the profession of the real aristocrat.ā€ It is no secret that most of the First Families remained in Virginia, and it was there that they flourished as tobacco planters, and from the sale of slaves to the cotton style. Indeed, many younger sons were relocated into the cotton belt to start their own plantations. The Civil War devastated the Virginia economy, and emancipated all the slaves without compensation. The farming community would go on, but they never forgot what happened to the First Families and they set out to see that it would never happen to a farm family again. If you have not guessed it yet, the founders of the FFA were also Freemasons!

...guarding a future for the young farmer so he would succeed one generation to the next passing down the knowledge through the use of symbolism that was also handed down to them from their forefathers in the Freemasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Families_of_Virginia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_C._Groseclose

. https://ncffa.org/about-us/what-is-ffa/ff-emblem-explained/

The Midnight Freemasons: Beneath the Rising Sun

As for me I am also a sentinel of the K.G.C. who was chosen by fate and fortune to go forward and prepare a future generation as best I can without ever knowing them.

L.C.

That was a very interesting post, L.C. Thank you for posting.

I have never heard of the First Families of Virginia. I would never have guessed that the FFA was founded by Mason's. Great information.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Heh... Thomas Jefferson was NEVER a Mason; he DID associate with 'em in Charlottesville, Va. He MAY have been a Rosicrucian when he was in France. How I KNOW is that his older sister is "where I come from", I lived in Ch'ville for YEARS, I was a Mason that went to the Lodge in Ch'ville; NOTHING found of TJ's membership. First family? YEP! AND! The FIRST person that found GOLD encrusted in Quartz in VIRGINIA...

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Heh... Thomas Jefferson was NEVER a Mason; he DID associate with 'em in Charlottesville, Va. He MAY have been a Rosicrucian when he was in France. How I KNOW is that his older sister is "where I come from", I lived in Ch'ville for YEARS, I was a Mason that went to the Lodge in Ch'ville; NOTHING found of TJ's membership. First family? YEP! AND! The FIRST person that found GOLD encrusted in Quartz in VIRGINIA...

Hey, Reb, just out of curiosity, do know anything about Calvin A. Stevens, who owned the Kelly Mine in Fauquier County VA in the 1890s?

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
He may not have been a card carrying member Rebel......BUT!
Jefferson was reported by Dr. Joseph Guillotin to have attended meetings of the Lodge of Nine Muses in Paris; that he had marched in a Masonic procession with Widowā€™s Son Lodge No. 60 and Charlottesville Lodge No. 90 on October 6, 1817, at the cornerstone laying of Central College (now the University of Virginia); that the Grand Lodges of South Carolina and Louisiana held funeral orations and processions for him following his death on July 4, 1826; and that a Blue Lodge at Surry Court House, Virginia, was named Jefferson Lodge No. 65 in 1801........so we will have to agree to disagree Rebel as neither of us was attending lodge that night LOL!

L.C.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
He may not have been a card carrying member Rebel......BUT!
Jefferson was reported by Dr. Joseph Guillotin to have attended meetings of the Lodge of Nine Muses in Paris; that he had marched in a Masonic procession with Widowā€™s Son Lodge No. 60 and Charlottesville Lodge No. 90 on October 6, 1817, at the cornerstone laying of Central College (now the University of Virginia); that the Grand Lodges of South Carolina and Louisiana held funeral orations and processions for him following his death on July 4, 1826; and that a Blue Lodge at Surry Court House, Virginia, was named Jefferson Lodge No. 65 in 1801........so we will have to agree to disagree Rebel as neither of us was attending lodge that night LOL!

L.C.:thumbsup:
THAT is just the point, L.C. IF you are NOT a card-carrying member of a LODGE... you are NOT a FreeMason, or Mason. PERIOD! AND! You MUST believe in G*D. 9 Muses Lodge in Paris was under the Orient de France or something like that... one did not have to believe in G*D, and the Paris Lodge was Open to Masons, Rosicrucians, Martinists... etc. Marching in Ch'ville... LOL! Was he "clothed" (wearing an Apron of Lamb's Skin)? NO! Just a "supporter" of FREE-THINKERS, which Masons are... WE LOVE IT! ANYONE can observe the laying of the "Corner Stone" of building, so... Jefferson Lodge, NOT suprised; DOES NOT mean he was a member. Confirmed that his name is NOT on the rolls of membership in Ch'ville (60). BTW, Lodge # 90 DOES NOT exist...

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
THAT is just the point, L.C. IF you are NOT a card-carrying member of a LODGE... you are NOT a FreeMason, or Mason. PERIOD! AND! You MUST believe in G*D. 9 Muses Lodge in Paris was under the Orient de France or something like that... one did not have to believe in G*D, and the Paris Lodge was Open to Masons, Rosicrucians, Martinists... etc. Marching in Ch'ville... LOL! Was he "clothed" (wearing an Apron of Lamb's Skin)? NO! Just a "supporter" of FREE-THINKERS, which Masons are... WE LOVE IT! ANYONE can observe the laying of the "Corner Stone" of building, so... Jefferson Lodge, NOT suprised; DOES NOT mean he was a member. Confirmed that his name is NOT on the rolls of membership in Ch'ville (60). BTW, Lodge # 90 DOES NOT exist...

Name another man besides T.J. that received Masonic rights at the time of his death that was not a Freemason......:tongue3:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Monticello web-site stated he had a simple funeral, the day after he died; NO invitations, NO "Masonic Rites", etc.; check it out.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Been to TJ's gravesite at Monticello, have YOU...? From Monticello web-site: "Thomas Jefferson's funeral was simple affair. He was buried in the Monticello graveyard at 5:00 PM on July 5, 1826, a rainy day and the day after his death. At his own request, the ceremony was simple and quiet. NO invitations were sent, but friends and visitors were welcome at the grave....the service was conducted by the Reverend Mr. Frederick Hatch, rector of the Episcopal Church in Charlottesville". NO Masonic Rites at the grave site. ANOTHER web-site "said" the "SAME"... NO Masonic Rite; hence, NOT a Mason, Freemason, PERIOD! Mean-while, Sentinel "talk" goes on...

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hey, Reb, just out of curiosity, do know anything about Calvin A. Stevens, who owned the Kelly Mine in Fauquier County VA in the 1890s?
NOPE! Share what you can... it IS in CSA Mosby's Confederacy "territory"; The "Gray Ghost" & his Rangers MAY have been Sentinels... dunno. BTW, Mosby was from UVA & it wouldn't surprise me if OTHER UVA "Grads" were involved

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
NOPE! Share what you can... it IS in CSA Mosby's Confederacy "territory"; The "Gray Ghost" & his Rangers MAY have been Sentinels... dunno. BTW, Mosby was from UVA & it wouldn't surprise me if OTHER UVA "Grads" were involved

He was of the privileged class - another rich guy whose money disappeared. Following is my research on him from 2013:

" ... Operating as Fauquier & Co., (Calvin A.) Stevens was a very prominent mining man in Grant County, (New Mexico) acquiring a large number of mining claims during the first two decades of the twentieth century. He owned properties in the Chloride Flats, Boston Hill, Pinos Altos, Georgetown, Bear Mountain, Burro Mountains and Carpenter mining districts, and in 1903 claimed the Jasper Group in the San Juan district. Along with the many unpatented claims acquired, Fauquier & Co. became the fifth largest holder of patented mining claims in New Mexico. Most of the properties were leased to smaller mining operators.

Stevensā€™ corporation was named after Fauquier County, Virginia, where he owned the Kelly Mine in the 1890ā€™s. Stevens inherited his fatherā€™s fortune in 1877 and before becoming involved in mining was successful in many other ventures, including publishing, shipping, railroads, heavy industry, construction, real estate and Wall Street finance. A number of his Grant County mining properties were lucrative producers, and he was listed in Henry H. Kleinā€™s 1921 book, Dynastic America and Those Who Own It, as one of Americaā€™s richest men, worth more than $10,000,000 before World War I.

When C. Amory Stevens died in 1921, his estate was valued between $15,000,000 and $25,000,000 (a billion 2013 dollars). However, by this time he was living as an eccentric in a rundown New York property, his ā€˜lucky office buildingā€™. Lawyers handling his estate declared that following his death, 95% of his fortune could not be located, with the remaining $1,250,000 willed to his direct heirs, including $500,000 to his daughter Kate.

Kate Stevens Fagen, and later Colonel Victor Hugo Duras, a former American Vice Consul at St. Petersburg, Russia, managed the corporation following Stevensā€™ death. Thomas Harrington, whose ranch surrounded the Jasper Group, attempted to acquire the property by paying its delinquent taxes in 1934, but the company redeemed the claims before Harrington could obtain them (Book 83, Page 399, Miscellaneous Deeds). Harrington finally acquired the Jasper Group in 1941, when Fauquier & Co.apparently abandoned its New Mexico holdings. Kate Stevens, who by this time was married to her third husband, Major Said Ibrahaim Fazid R.A. (Ret.), an Egyptian prince, had moved to London where she died in 1978. ..."
New Mexico Confidential, page 177.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please follow the rules, all rules. Any more insulting of members will earn time out(s)..... Please keep religion out of the thread, it is only allowed in our politics forum.
Geez, We have a politics forum? That thing must vibrate.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Been to TJ's gravesite at Monticello, have YOU...? From Monticello web-site: "Thomas Jefferson's funeral was simple affair. He was buried in the Monticello graveyard at 5:00 PM on July 5, 1826, a rainy day and the day after his death. At his own request, the ceremony was simple and quiet. NO invitations were sent, but friends and visitors were welcome at the grave....the service was conducted by the Reverend Mr. Frederick Hatch, rector of the Episcopal Church in Charlottesville". NO Masonic Rites at the grave site. ANOTHER web-site "said" the "SAME"... NO Masonic Rite; hence, NOT a Mason, Freemason, PERIOD! Mean-while, Sentinel "talk" goes on...

AND on the previous day before that.........

" the Grand Lodges of South Carolina and Louisiana held funeral orations and processions for him following his death on July 4, 1826"

L.C. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread