What's new

I am back!

Libralabsoldier

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
666
Reaction score
24
Golden Thread
0
Location
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Hi everyone. I know I have not posted in a long time. I just got back from serving in Iraq in support of OIF. I was stationed at Al Asad Airbase. I do not have any war stories involving things going boom, but it was a great experience and a great year. I am back home in Dallas, but will be moving back to the house I bought in Oklahoma.

Unfortunately, one of the "casualties" of my being gone was my metal detector. My wife got in a financial bind so I told her to sell off all of the toys. As soon as I can scrape up the money to get another, I will be posting my finds.

Feel free to ask any questions you like about Iraq. I had a limited view of what was going on over there, but we are definately winning, and the Iraqi people are really stepping up and taking control of their own destiny and country.
 
Welcome back and the more of our tropps that we det back, the better!

Just pulled the trigger this morning on a Amazon MD offer that a few others suggested might be a good deal. It's a cheap (62 bucks) but apparently very effective Chinese MD, the GC1023 or Time Saver metal detector. Consider it!
 
Well, right now we are still trying to get completely debt free, and I owe my wife and daughter a decent vacation. Selfish toys for my personal enjoyment will come later. For every soldier that is deployed, the family at home gets far less praise and admiration and has a far harder job. My wife moved to a new house on her own, and went from being a brand new stepmother to a brand new single mother (essentially) in a matter of months. I am selling off some of the OIF related junk I accumulated, so maybe I will take some of that and look into getting another MD. Lets face it, the one I was working with was pretty low end, but it was great for my purposes.
 
Welcome home and thank you for your unselfish service to us and your country. Don't know about the rest of us but you are a hero to me! I haven't seen much reporting on the plight of the wives left behind, but it must be double tough on them, especially trying to live on GI allotments. That's a darn shame the way the country treats its servicemen. Are you out of the service now or stationed in Oklahoma? I've been an "Okie" all my life and darn proud of it!. Thanks again! Monty
 
Oh, I am still a Reservist for a few more years. I get paid pretty well when on Active duty, so that was not a big deal. My house is in Apache, OK. Even though I grew up in Louisiana, I love that little town.
 
:thumbsup: Dittos on everything Monty said... well, except the part about being an Okie. Hope you won't mind this echo from an Arkie. :thumbsup:
Welcome Back.gif​
 

Attachments

  • Welcome Back.gif
    Welcome Back.gif
    232.2 KB · Views: 228
Well, I do not feel all that comfortable with the whole "hero" thing. I was safer in Iraq than my wife and kid were in Dallas. I never left the wire, and probably the worst thing that happened while I was there was that Burger King closed for three months and that my internet went down occasionally. We never lost a patient (except for ones that arrived DOA) and we saved one life I am particularly proud of. He was an Iraqi Police officer, and he would have certainly died otherwise. We performed thirty or so surgeries, and put over 70 blood products into him (I am the NCOIC of Blood banking and Transfusion Services)and he was able to walk out of the hospital three months later.
 
If anyone is interested in some OIF goodies, I am prepared to make some really good deals. One sad/funny thing...I have a good sized collection of OIF AAFES Pogs. Cardboard change....not cool. I found a lot over there that people just threw away. Since it is cardboard "money" some of the kids just treated it like trash.
 
Check my reply to you on another thread you have been posting on .
 
yes welcome home it doesnt matter that you didnt leave the wire you are a hero of heros those men that you fixed did go outside the wire and they are heros you fixed em up and kept them alive so you are thier hero hence hero of heros .
 
Welcome Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
 
Welcome Home!!! All of our Servicemen and women are HEROS, of which, you are!

My family and I wish you and yours all the best in your new home. May it always be filled with love, happiness and memories to last generations to come!

KUDOS on a Job Well Done!

Not an OKIE or an ARKIE....but us in "Ginny Beach" WELCOME YOU HOME!!!
Salute,
Annmarie and family
 
Welcome home, Libra!!​

happy_face_military_salute_lg_nwm.gif​

2sisterswethankyou.gif​
 

Attachments

  • happy_face_military_salute_lg_nwm.gif
    happy_face_military_salute_lg_nwm.gif
    85.3 KB · Views: 124
I still feel weird about this whole "hero" business. Yes, I made sacrifices and was away from my family for a year.

I want to take this time to thank all of you for the thousands of your tax dollars I have been spending on my education!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom