What's new

I am looking for information about this silver snuff box -THANKS!

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,351
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
Any ideas as to what battle is depicted on the bottom, and any ideas as to its value.
Any help you all can provide would be greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • snuff.webp
    snuff.webp
    71.2 KB · Views: 388
  • snuff2.webp
    snuff2.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 351
  • snuff3.webp
    snuff3.webp
    103.8 KB · Views: 353
Re: I am looking for information about this silver snuff box

It is a generic scene. The designs are stamped, not engraved.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I am looking for information about this silver snuff box

Found another with the same depiction. Scroll down to Civil War items and look for the item "Parker's patent engraved snuff box".

http://72.43.218.238/~gmg/acc1.html
 
Upvote 0
Re: I am looking for information about this silver snuff box

it's a Civil War era canteen filter case i think..... or not but they got the same look and same pat date
 

Attachments

  • 333.webp
    333.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 357
Upvote 0
Re: I am looking for information about this silver snuff box

LOL. "The Horse Soldier" also has another very similar item listed as a snuff box. Maybe they served more than one purpose in the day?
 

Attachments

  • snuff box 09.webp
    snuff box 09.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0
Re: I am looking for information about this silver snuff box

Thanks you all! I appreciate the info .. Those are some interesting results! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: I am looking for information about this silver snuff box

traderoftreasure said:
it's a Civil War era canteen filter case i think..... or not but they got the same look and same pat date

No. It is a snuff box.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I am looking for information about this silver snuff box

BuckleBoy said:
traderoftreasure said:
it's a Civil War era canteen filter case i think..... or not but they got the same look and same pat date

No. It is a snuff box.
i found a picture of a snuff box
 

Attachments

  • 32323.webp
    32323.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 175
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom