Neogeo Bronze Member Joined Jan 24, 2009 Messages 1,657 Reaction score 287 Golden Thread 0 Location Austin T.X. Aug 13, 2009 Thread Owner #1 I found this a while back,and just re-found...Ant thoughts... Fossil The inside is some type of crystal.
I found this a while back,and just re-found...Ant thoughts... Fossil The inside is some type of crystal.
Tylocidaris Jr. Member Joined Aug 4, 2009 Messages 63 Reaction score 2 Golden Thread 0 Location Upper Cretaceous of Texas Aug 13, 2009 #2 Hey Neogeo, you've found a partial fossil echinoid spine. The calcite that replaced the original material is probably very reflective on the broken ends. That's a pretty big one and worth keeping.
Hey Neogeo, you've found a partial fossil echinoid spine. The calcite that replaced the original material is probably very reflective on the broken ends. That's a pretty big one and worth keeping.
Neogeo Bronze Member Joined Jan 24, 2009 Messages 1,657 Reaction score 287 Golden Thread 0 Location Austin T.X. Aug 13, 2009 Thread Owner #3 Cool I never thought of that...But makes sence,they come in many sizes & shapes...Thanx.