I believe we need a gun thread. Carrying while detecting?

Hi, 179 mass shootings of unarmed people so far this year. Why ? Tp

Hi All ,An Australian female unarmed shoot dead by cop . Why ? TP

So sorry tinpan. This has made all of us sick to death!!! Apparently the cop was from Somalia, was Muslim, was already involved in a lawsuit for roughing up and abusing another female, had other complaints against him which one was sealed and had NO DAMNED BUSINESS STILL BEING A COP!!! :cussing: I wish for her sake and her life that she had never come to this country and her love would have went to Australia instead as she would have still been alive today...

So sorry tinpan. This has made all of us sick to death!!! Apparently the cop was from Somalia, was Muslim, was already involved in a lawsuit for roughing up and abusing another female, had other complaints against him which one was sealed and had NO DAMNED BUSINESS STILL BEING A COP!!! :cussing: I wish for her sake and her life that she had never come to this country and her love would have went to Australia instead as she would have still been alive today...

Hi, I do not blame your country just do not understand the unhealthy gun culture. TP

Unfortunately the majority of guns that were and are used in mass shootings and crimes in general are illegal guns sold on the black market. I honestly believe if people here weren't allowed to own firearms legally in most states the number of shootings would be exponentially much higher!!!

Hi, I do not blame your country just do not understand the unhealthy gun culture. TP

I blame it on the media like tv, movies, music, video games, crooked politicians and police!!! :help:
I could go on and list many other reasons but I'd practically have to write a book...
Just pray it never gets that bad where you're at and consider yourself very lucky that it isn't.

Although it is starting to get worse with the black market on guns there now too according to Australia's own reporting. Spike in gun crimes reveals nation's secret gun problem

Last edited:

Why? You tell us. Your country outlawed gun ownership - yet this is still happening. Hmmm...

Only now you are sitting ducks, unable to defend yourselves.

Because they were unarmed?

Making guns illegal simply takes them out of the hands of law abiding citizens. They will continue to enter the country through the same channels that cocaine and heroine and other illegal items do.

Why? You tell us. Your country outlawed gun ownership - yet this is still happening. Hmmm...

Only now you are sitting ducks, unable to defend yourselves.

HI Now thats a stupid statement millions of gun owners in Australia just got gun laws .T P

HI Now thats a stupid statement millions of gun owners in Australia just got gun laws .T P
So if you lose your right to free speech is it just called "speech laws". You surrendered your right to protect yourself.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Rather millions of gun owners in Australia just got railroaded. Can you answer my question: Why is this still happening? Could it be that criminals never obey laws and the only people affected were the law abiding citizens?

Perhaps you can use one of those whistles in your avatar to call for help.

I have my conceal carry license and when I hunt in any area I'm not completely sure of, I carry a small Ruger .380 LCP in a belt-clipped Sneaky Pete holster that keeps it concealed and protected but allows for a quick and easy draw if needed. I've never had to used it, but I have been tempted by one too many crushed soda cans and pull tabs...
I have the same a Ruger 380 lcp...its great for concealed...im going to have to check out that holster though that you use...i have an uncle bobs or whatever in the waist band it doesnt keep ot as secure as id like.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I have the same a Ruger 380 lcp...its great for concealed...im going to have to check out that holster though that you use...i have an uncle bobs or whatever in the waist band it doesnt keep ot as secure as id like.

I have a sneaky pete holster for my Ruger LCP 9mm with laser site and my Springfield .45 XDs. I also have kydex holsters for all my hand guns, you can turn kydex holster upside down and shake it or run wide open and firearm will not fall out, kydex style holsters are my everyday holsters.

I have a sneaky pete holster for my Ruger LCP 9mm with laser site and my Springfield .45 XDs. I also have kydex holsters for all my hand guns, you can turn kydex holster upside down and shake it or run wide open and firearm will not fall out, kydex style holsters are my everyday holsters.
Awesome I will check them out thank you!

My new favorite is a Canik SF Elite-S 9mm, 15+1 cap, probably one of the best weapons in that caliber I have seen. The holster is very well designed with a large lock panel in the natural trigger position to release the weapon, again, very well designed.

In Australia, it will be interesting to see how the situation will develop. The gun laws in many respects are a failure. While this gave the snowflakes some complacent level of comfort, it ends there very quickly.
The gun laws combined with the ridiculous home invasion laws, have left the general populace unprotected and very vulnerable to the rise in gang activity. Just so everyone is aware, in AUS, if someone is in your house, you are not allowed to do anything other than basic protection of yourself. If you use any sort of force, or anything on them, no matter how they are armed, you will go to jail.
Now that the perps know this, before, when they used to case a place to make sure you were not home, now they want you to be home so that they can force you to show them where the valuables are. This is why the African and Asian gangs have stormed the place, no resitence.

The gun turn in in Oz was voluntary, and there really werent any records of purchases. Even after these years, when you are in a gun shop, you will still see people come in everyday and turn weapons in. Last estimate there were still about 300,000 guns out there. Everytime they arrest anyone involved in drugs, they find multiples of weapons.

Due to the failure of the turn ins, Oz is about to have another campaign on turn ins, as there has been so much crime lately involving guns, brilliant idea no?!?!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/16/asia/australia-gun-amnesty/index.html

and for a reality check....

In New South Wales, weapons offences have risen 8.7 per cent per year over the past five years, to 11,471 in the year to September 2015. The New Daily reported in November that incidents involving firearms rose 83 per cent in NSW from 2005-6 to 2014-5. Charges for possession and trafficking of guns in South Australia saw a 49 per cent rise over four years.
At the end of 2011, there was a “spate of shootings in Sydney”, including five separate incidents in the space of four hours, the NSW Bureau of Statistics and Crime Research revealed in a report. It found there had been a 41 per cent increase in drive-by shootings in the previous 24 months.
At the end of 2011, there was a “spate of shootings in Sydney”, including five separate incidents in the space of four hours, the NSW Bureau of Statistics and Crime Research revealed in a report. It found there had been a 41 per cent increase in drive-by shootings in the previous 24 months.
Since then, there have been an average of 20 drive-by shootings every month in the state.

Victoria is similarly affected, with a 52 per cent increase in firearms offences to 3645 between 2009-10 and 2014-15. In Tasmania, there was a 26 per cent increase in firearm-related offences between December 2012 and 2015.
Victoria police chief Steve Fontana this week expressed fears about the rapid increase in shootings in the past eight months. The state’s Crime Statistics Agency Chief Statistician Fiona Dowsley said in December: “Weapons and explosives offences and drug use and possession offences have again seen statistically significant increases this quarter.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...r/news-story/374b4e55fdbb1718079c36979245d50c

Last edited:
I remember When Florida was having a problem with bad crime. They pulled a very brilliant stunt over in that state. They allowed everyone to Carry Guns to protect them selves and encouraged citizens to protect themselves (which has developed into one of the best "stand your ground" laws in the USA)
The criminals ran scared and turned to assaulting and Robbing Rental cars because they "Knew the tourists were not Armed" The Rental car companies had to debadge all rental cars of advertising stickers plate frames etc... to protect the travelers from getting robbed. This helped curb the crimes on tourists. I think Avis should have rented a gun with your car. That would have been brilliant, although a little cumbersome in the backgrounding of each renter :)

I remember When Florida was having a problem with bad crime. They pulled a very brilliant stunt over in that state. They allowed everyone to Carry Guns to protect them selves and encouraged citizens to protect themselves (which has developed into one of the best "stand your ground" laws in the USA)
The criminals ran scared and turned to assaulting and Robbing Rental cars because they "Knew the tourists were not Armed" The Rental car companies had to debadge all rental cars of advertising stickers plate frames etc... to protect the travelers from getting robbed. This helped curb the crimes on tourists. I think Avis should have rented a gun with your car. That would have been brilliant, although a little cumbersome in the backgrounding of each renter :)

Data from the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting statistics shows that from 2005 to 2015, the violent crime rate in Florida decreased by a cumulative 34.9 percent overall.

Florida's "Stand Your Ground Law" passed and went into effect in 2005

I've read that in a lot of places in OZ, especially Out Back, Law Enforcement doesn't really get too worked up about the odd shotgun or old sportered Lee-Enfield sitting in a closet in a ranch (station) house. Farmers and ranchers in many cases, being, you know, Aussies, said the hell with that and just ignored that law. Considering that Oz is the land where just about everything wants to bite, stab or stick you, and law enforcement or medical help can be many minutes or hours away, this does make sense. The Australian Police really, really follow the British police line in the big cities, but when you live with the same people in a little tiny town out in the middle of nowhere, well, common sense dictates that you become a "Peace Officer" more than "Law Enforcement". You know who the villains are and who can be trusted with firearms and who can't be.

Im an ex Australian. I dont see the American gun culture as unhealthy....infact quite the opposite. Self survival, along with protecting the safety of your family is in my opinion not just an admiral cultural trait but one of the strongest biological instinct anyone can have.

The so called 'democracy' of Australia doesnt even allow you to ride a bicycle without a helmet....FREE Australians do not have the right to ride a bicycle without a helmet. Nothing free about that. I believe a democratic society should have a choice on firearms. Not be railroaded and brainwashed in an ever increasing nanny state protecting the people from themselves.

Chub

in Oz:

Self-defence of property

Self-defence as a principle is available for acts in defence of property. However, the use of lethal force is probably not justified under the test set out in Zecevic, with the High Court noting that the only justification for the use of lethal force is in situations where the threat was such, that the person held a reasonable apprehension that death or serious harm may be the result of the attack.

Jurisdictions that make reference to the use of force in the defence of property, such as s 267 and s 274-278 of the Criminal Code 1899 (QLD), generally states ANY use of force in the defence of property must be reasonable and necessary. Therefore, force that is likely to cause death or grievous bodily harm is for the most part, prohibited.

Note that you must prove the use of ANY force was necessary against the perp in your home! This includes restraining them. Homeowners have LOST in Court even on restraint.
You must prove to the Court that perp was using LETHAL force before you can use this defence. 2 cases of convictions of murder on the homeowner show this is very difficult to prove.

I am providing these details as some are calling for gun laws and other laws using the laws in Oz as an example.

EDIT:

The so called 'democracy' of Australia doesnt even allow you to ride a bicycle without a helmet..
$275.00 fine in Melbourne for riding a bike without a helmet.
$225.00 fine for running a stop sign or red light in a vehicle.
$175.00 fine for leaving your vehicle window open more than 50mm while parked (enforced with a gage)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back