I bought a safe.

xd

Oct 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
I picked it up at an auction yesterday. from what i can tell from the brochure that i found in it it a turn of the century National lock and safe company model 206. It weighs 850lbs. It is currently in my garage I am unsure of what to do with it. I may repaint it and put it in the living room. I don't know yet looking for forums on the subject now. Anyway for 30.00 I could not go wrong. I think it is worth more then that in scrap. Anyway here is the pic.

Attachments

• safe2.jpg
    safe2.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,211

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a jewelry safe! :thumbsup:

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
I have one very much like that, about 8 inches of concrete all the way around. very good craftsman ship. I think mine was made in toledo ohio. CAnt right now remeber the name on it.. however the inside has realy neat material on it kinda like a carpet bagger sachel pasley print? and little wooden drawers that lock. made with pride. I used my garden tractor to push it into the back to the garage.

P

pippinwhitepaws

there is a fellow who restores safes over in Albuquerque...can't remember his name...he does a fantastic job...
Ivan is correct...look inside closely...also...change and loose bills had a habit of falling between loose panels inside the safe.

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
gee secret compartment,,,wowo,, the first time I opend it ,, there was a bunch of paperwork from real estate tax.. I think the whole farm was 43.00 tax for the year.. and i found a silver dime and a silver dollar in it.. Of course I give it back to the previous owner, and freind,, he was nice enough to give me the safe, so I returned his mother inlaws stuff. now to check for the secret hiddie hole thanks for headsup

OP
OP
X

xd

Oct 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Well I took out all the drawers and found nothing. where would this secret compartment most likely be. If it is there it is so secret i can't find it. ;D

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
just start poking around with a ice pick or tapping and listen for hollow spotsor see if the lining has loose spots or cut marks

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
dang girl freind -- lay off the mickey dees --- dats a bubble butt not a false bottom

OP
OP
X

xd

Oct 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
I searched the inside and no secret compartments. I looked under it and there is a steel plate screwed to the bottom. Is this the false bottom? It seems that it will be a pain to get this off. Does anyone think it is worth doing?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
if a false bottom it be on the inside --a inside fake floor

LemonThrower

Jun 23, 2008
a safe like that is worth $500 easily. the problem is they are quite heavy. but that is why they are valuable - because its difficult for a thief to cart it off.

can't tell the size from the pictures but if you can fit rifles in it you could get a grand for it easily.

problem is they sell infrequently.

a cheapo safe half that size goes for 350-300 at chinamart.

the plate in the bottom is probably to allow you to bolt it to a floor.

any safe can be comprimised if a thief is given enough time. often its easier for them to take the safe then to brake it while at your location.

looks like it has some sort of wheels on it. obviously, one you get it situated you would want to bolt it down and remove the wheels if possible - they would only facilitate a crook.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
pair of crookls with a truck and a couple 2 x 4's (for ramp) use the wheels to roll it into back of a truck --take it to a "safe to crack into it" location :wink: thats why normally except for transport the wheels are removed --- and often the safes are bolted to the floor via inside bolts thru the floor safe into the floor.

OP
OP
X

xd

Oct 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
It took 4 guys and a come along to "roll it" onto a ramped tailor. It rocked the concrete slabs tying to roll it into the house. If a couple of guys and some 2x4's can move it into a truck. They can have it. I might have to get rid of it if we move to Denver because I'm not moving it across the country. You really think someone would pay 500 for this it is not big enough to fit a rifle. I'll post the specs from the brochure later. It certainly is cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread