What's new

I bought my Hookaj system

architecad

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2008
Messages
742
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
Hi everyone here

I bought yesterday online the Hookaj system Model R260-4 for underwater MD. Complement with the Hookaj, a raft. I don't sleep waiting for it. First target will be the Caribbean.

Any body has been experience with those equipment?

cheers
Arch
 

Attachments

  • r2604_lrg.webp
    r2604_lrg.webp
    10 KB · Views: 730
  • 41G7HgL7jXL._SL500_AA300_.webp
    41G7HgL7jXL._SL500_AA300_.webp
    6 KB · Views: 709
Upvote 0
Puerto Rico at San Juan
Arch
 
I had a hookah in high school. I couldn't find anything after I used it. It was awesome.

My brother stole it.

Good luck with yours!

-Fathead
 
ROFL I had one in college. I forgot what happened to it...last two years were a blurr. HH Joe


fathead said:
I had a hookah in high school. I couldn't find anything after I used it. It was awesome.

My brother stole it.

Good luck with yours!

-Fathead
 
Congrats on your hookah, take your time and you'll learn to love it. I bought a Keene 17yrs ago and have replaced the bearings and even the engine, but it has never disappointed me.
You should run at only enough throttle to supply you enough air, about 1/2 throttle. This will push your down time to as much as 2.5 hrs. Believe me, any body that wants to bitch at you won't wait around for you to come back up.
The pan also makes a good place to drop your garbage and keep a bottle of water, you'll need it.
The best news is, you'll find more because you can work stony areas that are difficult to scoop and it willl keep it's value.
G' luck
 
You are going to love the hookah. Coin Diver is right about keeping a bottle of water in the dish as your throat and mouth get dry breathing that air. Suggest you also get a Low Pressure reserve tank to accumulate and cool the air before it gets to your regulator.
 
Excellent idea Sandman - I had a reserve tank on my gold dredge before I sold it for a smaller one that does not have air. The reserve gives you a few minutes of air when the gas runs out - also helps keep you from going into a panic! Panic is definitely not good when you are are 8-10 feet under water!
 
Yes, you always run out of air after you exhale. :laughing7: The air in the hoses also gives you a couple extra breaths to start to the surface though I always carried a 13 cu in pony bottle and spare air tank. A little overkill maybe but helps when you have something heavy to get to the surface for filling a lift bag. You can tell by the sound when the engine stops. If the hose goes tight, some stupid dude is trying to steal your hookah. The dummies don't know what a dive flag means. :dontknow:
 
fathead said:
I had a hookah in high school. I couldn't find anything after I used it. It was awesome.

My brother stole it.

Good luck with yours!

-Fathead


:laughing9: :dontknow:
 
Sandman said:
Yes, you always run out of air after you exhale. :laughing7: The air in the hoses also gives you a couple extra breaths to start to the surface though I always carried a 13 cu in pony bottle and spare air tank. A little overkill maybe but helps when you have something heavy to get to the surface for filling a lift bag. You can tell by the sound when the engine stops. If the hose goes tight, some stupid dude is trying to steal your hookah. The dummies don't know what a dive flag means. :dontknow:


Sandman please tell me that you havent actualy had this happen to you right ?
 
Re: I bought my Hookah system

Sandman said:
You are going to love the hookah. Coin Diver is right about keeping a bottle of water in the dish as your throat and mouth get dry breathing that air. Suggest you also get a Low Pressure reserve tank to accumulate and cool the air before it gets to your regulator.

Thanks everyone here for your suggestions. I will need more information to learn. The only inconvenience with this equipment is I'm not allowed to carry it on airplane. I called some airlines companies and they said since 9-11, they don't carry anything with gas or gas engine, so it's pretty hard for me plan to metal detecting outside USA with it.

Now when I fly to PR, I have to send it by Fedex to the hotel.

Arch
 
Re: I bought my Hookah system

coin_diver said:
Congrats on your hookah, take your time and you'll learn to love it. I bought a Keene 17yrs ago and have replaced the bearings and even the engine, but it has never disappointed me.
You should run at only enough throttle to supply you enough air, about 1/2 throttle. This will push your down time to as much as 2.5 hrs. Believe me, any body that wants to bitch at you won't wait around for you to come back up.
The pan also makes a good place to drop your garbage and keep a bottle of water, you'll need it.
The best news is, you'll find more because you can work stony areas that are difficult to scoop and it willl keep it's value.
G' luck

Thanks for your input. According with department of tourist of many countries, the entry of tourist in the Caribbean by country is huge, Puerto Rico is 2 million of tourist a year. I estimate 1% of those 2M loss theirs gold and silver in the beach for different reasons. Doing a conservative calculation, 1% of 2M= 20,000. by $150 of gold value lost ea.= 3 millions dollars scattered a year on the beaches. It could be more, it could be less.Using this Hookaj, I would spend more time underwater to recover more gold and silver than somebody using a Scuba tank or just stand on water.

Arch
 
architecad said:
coin_diver said:
Congrats on your hookah, take your time and you'll learn to love it. I bought a Keene 17yrs ago and have replaced the bearings and even the engine, but it has never disappointed me.
You should run at only enough throttle to supply you enough air, about 1/2 throttle. This will push your down time to as much as 2.5 hrs. Believe me, any body that wants to bitch at you won't wait around for you to come back up.
The pan also makes a good place to drop your garbage and keep a bottle of water, you'll need it.
The best news is, you'll find more because you can work stony areas that are difficult to scoop and it willl keep it's value.
G' luck

Thanks for your input. According with department of tourist of many countries, the entry of tourist in the Caribbean by country is huge, Puerto Rico is 2 million of tourist a year. I estimate 1% of those 2M loss theirs gold and silver in the beach for different reasons. Doing a conservative calculation, 1% of 2M= 20,000. by $150 of gold value lost ea.= 3 millions dollars scattered a year on the beaches. It could be more, it could be less.Using this Hookaj, I would spend more time underwater to recover more gold and silver than somebody using a Scuba tank or just stand on water.

Arch

I imagine those that can stand on water aren't too concerned about the gold rings.
 
I don't know about that. I took two hydrocodone pain pills one time and thought I was walking on water.
good thing I didn't decide to fly! M :laughing9: nty
 
Diver_Down said:
architecad said:
coin_diver said:
Congrats on your hookah, take your time and you'll learn to love it. I bought a Keene 17yrs ago and have replaced the bearings and even the engine, but it has never disappointed me.
You should run at only enough throttle to supply you enough air, about 1/2 throttle. This will push your down time to as much as 2.5 hrs. Believe me, any body that wants to bitch at you won't wait around for you to come back up.
The pan also makes a good place to drop your garbage and keep a bottle of water, you'll need it.
The best news is, you'll find more because you can work stony areas that are difficult to scoop and it willl keep it's value.
G' luck

Thanks for your input. According with department of tourist of many countries, the entry of tourist in the Caribbean by country is huge, Puerto Rico is 2 million of tourist a year. I estimate 1% of those 2M loss theirs gold and silver in the beach for different reasons. Doing a conservative calculation, 1% of 2M= 20,000. by $150 of gold value lost ea.= 3 millions dollars scattered a year on the beaches. It could be more, it could be less.Using this Hookaj, I would spend more time underwater to recover more gold and silver than somebody using a Scuba tank or just stand on water.

Arch

I imagine those that can stand on water aren't too concerned about the gold rings.

I mean, those who are stand on water detecting.

arch
 
Re: I bought my Hookah system

Hi Everybody

It's here
 

Attachments

  • DSCF2709.webp
    DSCF2709.webp
    142 KB · Views: 498
  • DSCF2710.webp
    DSCF2710.webp
    133 KB · Views: 479
  • DSCF2711.webp
    DSCF2711.webp
    109.5 KB · Views: 498
Looks nice. I looked a few myself and thought that the brand you purchased was the right choice. Looked at electric also but just don't know about that. Have fun and thanks for the pics!!
Cabana Dan
 
I love my Hookah system..... very fun to use... am bale to get in places that the waders can not...... very fun
 
minton7 said:
I love my Hookah system..... very fun to use... am bale to get in places that the waders can not...... very fun

Looks like a nice unit I know nothing about these other than what I has read from time to time.

Do you really need to be certified to use them? Notice I said NEED.. I know scuba you need to be certified just to get your tanks filled.
I know that taking the course would help you with safety issues etc. but I mean really if I was planning on using one (and I am not) I would be in the most say neck deep water so if something happen I would think all you would need to do would be stand up LOL.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom