What's new

I bought my Hookaj system

architecad

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2008
Messages
742
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
Hi everyone here

I bought yesterday online the Hookaj system Model R260-4 for underwater MD. Complement with the Hookaj, a raft. I don't sleep waiting for it. First target will be the Caribbean.

Any body has been experience with those equipment?

cheers
Arch
 

Attachments

  • r2604_lrg.webp
    r2604_lrg.webp
    10 KB · Views: 730
  • 41G7HgL7jXL._SL500_AA300_.webp
    41G7HgL7jXL._SL500_AA300_.webp
    6 KB · Views: 709
Upvote 0
Tank69, yes I have had boats try to steal my hookah and even my dive float with flag with I was underwater with scuba. It pays sometimes to have someone in a boat watching out for your stuff but they can't be to close to the dive flag either.

As far as needing to be certified to buy the hookah, it is more of a liability thing to protect the seller from being sued by some nimrod that didn't use common sense. Certification also teaches you breathing control, the use of proper buoyancy and such. I carried two knives also for cutting fishing line. One on leg an one on BC.
 
According with the Hookah manual's instructions you don't need to be a certified diver to use it. Even, when I bought it, nobody asked me if I would need to be a certified diver.

arch
 
I recently bought a hookah setup to attach to a dive tank. Much cheaper to start with and see if I like to concept.
 
MT Pockets said:
Nowadays, It's a little more expensive to get Certified..for Scuba..

I was Cert. 20 yrs ago.. It cost $99.00 Now I think it's 3 X that amount...

Honestly.... It's worth Every penny to get cert...

Think about it. How important is your Life... What kind of Price tag would you put on it?

Friends, Family, Buddy... His family, Friends, etc....

It's best to Pay for the Course.... and You'll have a Complete understanding about what to do while entering the water..


Once the Motor cuts off.. if you don't have anyone topside.. you'll have Maybe 2 Breaths of air left... depending on how heavy you breathe..

When you get Cert. you'll know how to breath in-order to get back to the surface..


"It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt or dies"

it happens all the time...

whatever you choose... be safe... Have a plan... and inform someone of your Itinerary.. in case someone needs to look for ya..

NO... You don't have to be Certified in order to Use a Hookah.... You don't need to be Cert.. to Scuba for that matter either.. But you'll need to be in order to fill your tanks. or go on the cattle boat.




architecad said:
According with the Hookah manual's instructions you don't need to be a certified diver to use it. Even, when I bought it, nobody asked me if I would need to be a certified diver.

arch

yeap :icon_thumright:
 
Let's not overreach here. The safest method is to simply stay out of the water and watch Sandman and me.
Short of that, spend your first season in 4-6 fow and get used to it. Always remember, weight belt goes on last and belt opens to the right. Don't be afraid to drop it and you'll pop up.
I always say, in case of emergency - STAND UP!
Have fun!
 

Attachments

  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 392
In scuba class they teach you the proper way to put on a weight belt. I finally got tired of mine always sliding around so I bought a dive weight system with suspenders. If you need to ditch the weight you pull the two rings which drop the pockets with the weights and the rings float up for retrieval later. You can sometimes snag them with a hook.

I have 3 sets of fins and can't decide which ones I like better. My Jet Fins, Frogs, or US Divers. :coffee2:
 
architecad said:
Hi everyone here

I bought yesterday online the Hookaj system Model R260-4 for underwater MD. Complement with the Hookaj, a raft. I don't sleep waiting for it. First target will be the Caribbean.

Any body has been experience with those equipment?

cheers
Arch

That's a very nice unit!

I've been hunting with someone that has a similar but older Hookah and it's been really great!!! :thumbsup:
 
I've had mine since 1983 and have enjoyed many times. I have a reserve bottle on mine after reading David McCracken's book on Gold Dredging. He stated nothing is more disturbing then to be 15-20 feet underwater and you just exhaled as your motor died and you have nothing to inhale. So I spent $50 for Keene's reserve bottle and that saved me many times when the motor ran out of gas or the belt slipped off the pulley. I had about a minute of air and that was plenty for an easy ascent. Also never, ever connect your air line direct to your harness. Use those brass quick disconnects because it your air line gets fouled and the motor stops, its either dump the entire harness or reach around for an easy disconnect. Beware of fishing line too, keep a small belt knife in case you swim into discarded monofilament. Have fun. :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom