What's new

I bought some.

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These I bought today for not much. They were found locally in my area and I am going to use them for examples to what I find. I will enjoy them for a while and then probably sell them later. Got a nice drill and a triangular stone which might not be an artifact but it was sooooo smooth. Just in case I got it. Let me know if you see anything to what you find in your areas.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2819.webp
    100_2819.webp
    86.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 100_2820.webp
    100_2820.webp
    176.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 100_2821.webp
    100_2821.webp
    152.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 100_2825.webp
    100_2825.webp
    143.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 100_2826.webp
    100_2826.webp
    112.9 KB · Views: 192
  • 100_2827.webp
    100_2827.webp
    171.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 100_2830.webp
    100_2830.webp
    138.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 100_2832.webp
    100_2832.webp
    182.7 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0
Rock, you got some nice ones. Personally, my favorite is the triangle. I can't say if it is an artifact or not, but I would definitely keep it. I have found two smooth triangles of the same lithic as yours, but no where near as perfect as yours. I would not be scared to propose the idea of it being a game piece or even an unfinished Celt. Just to get a few eyes and opinions on it. Cool!!
 
Nice assortment of artifacts Rock. The little triangle is most likely a fine game piece. Thanks for the pics.
 
Ihe triangle in the last picture is not an artifact. It is a stone used in a tumbler to deburr metal parts. A industurial shaker is filled with those and etches or deburrs metal objects.
 
Last edited:
I hope this doesn't start a "game triangle" debate.
 
Ihe triangle in the last picture is not an artifact. It is a stone used in a tumbler to deburr metal parts. A industurial shaker is filled with those and etches or deburrs metal objects.
Ya, it is tumbler media. Sorry Rock.
 
Ihe triangle in the last picture is not an artifact. It is a stone used in a tumbler to deburr metal parts. A industurial shaker is filled with those and etches or deburrs metal objects.
absolutely correct. Found at work in a box of bolts.
DSCN0725.jpg
 
Hey, hey. My, my!!
 
Well I know some dont like the idea of buying and selling but if it was found on private property you can do this. I liked these cause I have found some just like them myself on private property that I am allowed to hunt. These were found 25 mile away from the field I go to. I find it very interesting how you can find the same tools and arrowheads that far away and them be the same thing. The white one in the pic I have found and I will now post the ones I have found so you can see the reason I bought these. Thanks, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_2209.webp
    100_2209.webp
    263 KB · Views: 129
  • 100_2514.webp
    100_2514.webp
    158.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_2464.webp
    100_2464.webp
    81.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_2606.webp
    100_2606.webp
    185.2 KB · Views: 122
If you find the same things why buy more?
 
If you find the same things why buy more?

Because they were found 25 miles away from my spot and I found it to be interesting. I think the drill is a Bolen type. Plus I can
 
Last edited:
You're not even going to keep them.
Its none of my business I know.
Nevermind that I said anything. We are all free to buy and sell(for profit) when and what we want. I just think it proliferates the mess that has become of artifact hunting as a pure enjoyment.
 
Last edited:
Clam down I might keep them. I thought it was a nice comparison to what I have been finding. I could put them in a frame to the side of what I have found and use it for a study and an example as to the history of the tribes. This is what I wanted them for anyway.
 
You should keep them
 
I think it would make for an interesting frame and a story to go with it.
 
I think it would make for an interesting frame and a story to go with it.

Rock, by the looks of what you found today, you will have no need to purchase artifacts much longer. Nice hunt today!
 
They all look real close to my materials except the lighter coastal cherts. I do find some of them further down in Ala though. Nice snags. Enjoy what ever you decide to do with them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom