I broke my detector

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I was moving a box around in a closet, and my back (which has been giving me trouble) twinged and I dropped the box...right on my Harbor Freight detector. It has a hard plastic neck that goes into an aluminum neck that holds the coil on...and it snapped right at the junction between the aluminum and plastic. What can I do to repair this? I am probably just going to hit it with Gorilla Glue and hope for the best.

Upvote 0
I would suggest Epoxy or JB weld rather then gorilla glue. You also might have to drill the center out and reinforce it with a piece of a nail or something.

Get another pices of plastic tube that is a little bit bigger then the rods that broke. Slide the pieces into the new piece of plastic an drill 4 holes thru it and assemble together with 4 screws and nuts.......Matt

I have some PVC, so I may do that plus reinforcing with glue or JB weld. Good thing I never throw anything away after my home improvement projects.

Libralabsoldier said:
I was moving a box around in a closet, and my back (which has been giving me trouble) twinged and I dropped the box...right on my Harbor Freight detector. It has a hard plastic neck that goes into an aluminum neck that holds the coil on...and it snapped right at the junction between the aluminum and plastic. What can I do to repair this? I am probably just going to hit it with Gorilla Glue and hope for the best.
Why not..That or epoxy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back