fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I brought my brothers relics home I put them in plastic totes until I was emotionally able to start going through them. I did put all the coins together but, now that I can go through the totes without losing it I can't find the coins! I have pictures of a few of them that include trimes, half dimes and reales. There were also several large cents and other coins. I have been through every tote several times but they are not there. So, which one of you got them?
And, don't say they will be in the last place I look because I looked there first!

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Ok, ok. It was me[emoji2371]

If I might suggest waiting a couple of days, that will give me time to bring them back and when you look again, you just might find.

But seriously. Take a break and then look again and good luck [emoji1303]

Last edited:
OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, ok. It was me[emoji2371]

If I might suggest waiting a couple of days, that will give me time to bring them back and when you look again, you just might find.

But seriously. Take a break and then look again and good luck [emoji1303]

Been doing just that for about a month now.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
And, don't say they will be in the last place I look because I looked there first!

You only looked in one place? })

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry about your loss. Are you absolutely sure the relics made it to the totes. Sometimes in the midst of grief or distractions we may almost do something but never complete it. Or, does anyone else have access to these totes?

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you take pictures of them?

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You only looked in one place? })

NO. I started at the last place and worked backwards!:laughing7:

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry about your loss. Are you absolutely sure the relics made it to the totes. Sometimes in the midst of grief or distractions we may almost do something but never complete it. Or, does anyone else have access to these totes?

I am afraid I threw them in the trash with some other stuff! It is just the wife and I. No one else has access to them.

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being raised in the catholic faith from childhood, whenever something of importance has been lost, we always would recite this little verse: "St. Anthony, St. Anthony, look around, somethings lost and must be found." Of course everything wasn't found, but items of great importance seemed to be located. You sound distraught over this. Recite this verse as you lay in bed over night. Hoping you will wake up with a memory of where you stashed them for safe keeping. I know my memory plays tricks on me as I KNOW I placed something in a particular location, than later realize suddenly the true location.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I brought my brothers relics home I put them in plastic totes until I was emotionally able to start going through them. I did put all the coins together but, now that I can go through the totes without losing it I can't find the coins! I have pictures of a few of them that include trimes, half dimes and reales. There were also several large cents and other coins. I have been through every tote several times but they are not there. So, which one of you got them?

Where did you take pictures of them?

I didn't.

Kind of looks that way, just going on what you had to say. Or were they photos from your brother?:dontknow:

Condolences on your loss, at times the mind plays funny tricks in the time of grief.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of looks that way, just going on what you had to say. Or were they photos from your brother?:dontknow:

Condolences on your loss, at times the mind plays funny tricks in the time of grief.

Sorry for the confusion. I did take a few pictures about five or six years ago when I visited my brother. But, my phone crashed and I lost all of them!

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found them! I dropped an old button and it rolled under my computer hutch. I couldn't see it so I got my flashlight and shined it under the hutch and saw the edge of a plastic box behind the surge protector and bundles of wire. I had looked under there several times in the past but never with a flashlight. If the light hadn't hit the box just right I would not have seen it! Thank you Lord! I will post more pictures later in the today's finds forum.

Attachments

• 20210624_134640.jpg
    20210624_134640.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 41

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME! We all need good news these days. I still have my $5 gold coin missing somewhere in the house. Maybe I'll have a yard sale and while digging through stuff will find it.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MJB, heck, I beat you on that one. I find stuff I have put away and by the time I find them I have forgotten I had them to begin with!

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Huzzah! See? Stopped looking and then you found it [emoji16]

Glad to hear you found it as it was clearly causing stress but they are just things. Everything important about your bro you carry with you everywhere you go and that you can?t lose.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once thought for a couple years that I had thrown away all my gold rings and fine jewelry. I was having a guest for the summer and thought it best to put away my jewelry. The problem was that when the guest left, I couldn’t find it anywhere. The last place I remember putting it was in a bag under a rarely used wastebasket. When I searched the house and couldn’t find it I thought I must have forgot what was in the bag and tossed it out. I could almost remember doing this and I felt just sick. As time passed I was resigned to the loss and my stupidity. But one afternoon while cleaning the closet I moved things, apparently in a direction I hadn’t before and there was the box and all my beautiful things. I was overjoyed. I am hoping you will have that kind of a moment one of these days as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread