I can kick my self in the but for getting rid of my origanal bandito

CORY IN FLA

Jul 10, 2007
Edgewater Fla,
Detector(s) used
ACE 250... & Bounty Hunter LONESTAR
I can kick my self in the but now, i had bought one of the first Bandito they made years back wanting to try MD got it new for around 400 bucks and used it for like 2 weeks found a good number of coins then i ran into at the time a money problem. so i went back to the place i bought it from and sold it back to him with only being use i say maybe 4 or 5 times and only got half of what i paid for 200 bucks. if you could only go back in time i always regretting selling it especially now that i have got back into MD. i seen them on ebay now and then but they go fast thats for sure...has any one else been in that position before and now can kick them self for doing it?

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo
Hey Cory,

Kool post bud. Hopefully, more in here will see it and contribute their thread to help share our knowledge base @TNet ! :)

Now it's not quite the same perhaps, but similar I believe. ;) I Got hooked on a Silver Saber II by pullin' a passel of coins and rings outta three close to home parks that had been detected before by others before me in a one week period. Just when I got started getting tuned totally into that amazingly lite little Silver Sniffer, and lo & behold,my buddy calls 'n wants his toy back to go on vacation or something and I had to give it back to him. :( :( if I had had the cash, I would have offered him full price for it right then and there! But, alas, twas NOT the case, as I was in a near urban Survival situation at the time and had nearly NO cashflow happnin'... :(

MAN oh man Cory, do I regret that SS II leaving my hands that day. It was SO Smart! Gifford has ALWAYS known his stuff! Ya know dude, I still use the same machine I was usen' at the time that I tested that Hot Silver technology out way back then. It finds good stuff every time I take it for it's tour of some local spots that I usually eyeball first by Bike or Bus. Go go Amigo! IiiiiEEeee !! ;D

Have a large one and don't get yourself burnt in that wild Fla Sun, my man! 8)

Your Canadian TNet friend,

LarryB

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only detector I ever got rid of was a Garrett CXII, I have never missed that one. I still have my Bandido, Fisher 1266X, Shadow X2 and Tejon. They are all keepers.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have my old Toltec 100 and Toltec 80 Machines. They are killer on trashy areas with the 4 inch coil and also very good on the beach. The near non motion of these machines like most Tesoros will allow you to hunt trashy areas even with the larger coils because the slow movement of the coil allows time for the coil to recover and get on a good target that is reasonably close to a trash. Found my only gold coin with my Toltec 80 in an iron infested field and found my best CS buckle also with the 80. I have just sent my 100 to Tesoro for a problem with the meter not locking on to a target but I am sure I will get it back in fine condition. I love my old Toltecs.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
The older Bandidos are super machines.
I am honored to use an old bandido II and it is a metal finding sob.
some of the newer machines are more given to gadgets than performance. but yes,
once you figure out how to fine tune a machine
it would be a foolish thing to sell it back to the dealer.

for any reason.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't sell it, I gave it to a relative that wanted to get into the hobby. It was a C&G Bobcat, a TR detector. I bought it for $200.00 way back when that was a lot of money. I expecially hated giving it away when I learned they sold it at a garage sale two weeks later.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Good post. I did a similar one in Everything Else.

Ya, I could kick myself for recently selling my Minelab Sovereign GT to buy a used Explorer II.

I had a chance a couple months ago to get a mint condition Bandito for about $185 as I recall. I decided not to buy it and have regretted that decision ever since.

Your Bandito is a very popular detector even yet. The Bandito II is even more popular. Actually, detectors haven't really changed all that much since the 1990's anyway. Mostly just added psychological gimmicks to convince the mind they're deeper and better.

I think some of the earlier Tesoros were better than today's models in that they had features like adjustable threshold and ground balance on some early models. My Silver Sabre II had adjustable threshold and if it can be found in mint condition today is in my opinion superior to the new Silver uMax (which is also very good). The Sabre II had a sound and smoothness all it's own. But they were liked so well most found today are all beat up. One good thing is Tesoro has all old parts and many can be had by giving them a call. One could send an old machine into them and have it made to look new again.

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread