What's new

I can understand . . .

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smee
  • Start date Start date
S

Smee

Guest
if the mods think a post doesn't belong here . . . that is their prerogative, their job, whatever.

I would just like to ask that . . . since some of us have "The Pub" or whatever it's called this week on ignore . . .

and some of us are NOT members of that club . . .

and since NOT being a member of that club, we can no longer comment on our own threads . . .

Maybe, just maybe, you should delete the posts you don't like being here instead of moving them so we can't follow them.

Just an opinion. Same as you are entitled to yours.
 
Smee said:
if the mods think a post doesn't belong here . . . that is their prerogative, their job, whatever.

I would just like to ask that . . . since some of us have "The Pub" or whatever it's called this week on ignore . . .

and some of us are NOT members of that club . . .

and since NOT being a member of that club, we can no longer comment on our own threads . . .

Maybe, just maybe, you should delete the posts you don't like being here instead of moving them so we can't follow them.

Just an opinion. Same as you are entitled to yours.

I'm Torn on this.

In some cases ,
Even though the Post dosn't belong here,
on occasion I think it's an intrestesting Subject.
so I Will move it.

if it's something already being or has been discussed
to death, I Delete.

Thanks for your Opinion :thumbsup:
 
I think one of the biggest problems with the posts in question is the possibility of being turned into something it wasn't meant to be. There are some that will make any post a political cause, and in those cases it's easier to remove their post. Then again, once you do that they reply again and again not knowing how to dance around a topic.

For those that can't avoid raising a political reply, they can buy my pamphlet; "How to Dance Around Politics" for $1.25, with a $3.00 shipping/handling fee :laughing9: Now that's a good deal :headbang:
 
You know, it would be cool if those sections were blocked publicly by default... and only manually unblocking them from on an individual account basis would give you access (so you have no reason to complain) Then anyone getting out of hand would receive 3 strikes before getting temporarily banned from T-Net for behavior... if they continue, permanently ban them (unless their original behavior warrants this) If that were the case, it wouldn't matter what the argument is/was about, and these sections wouldn't have to be locked. Just might save the mod's from wasting time fielding all that mess and moving stuff around and/or deleting things. It's almost unavoidable for conversations to go off topic in any thread about almost any subject. It's just the nature of a public forum.

Just how I see it I guess...

Bran <><
 
if one finds peoples post offendsive -- simple fix --use the "ignore" feature -- it makes all their post "dissappear" from your view plus one can toggle "ignore" on or off as one wants --without killing any forum content others may or may not wish to veiw

think of the "ignore" button as --a "fool go away and leave me alone-you bother me" button (to bad you can not have one in real life.)
 
ivan salis said:
if one finds peoples post offendsive -- simple fix --use the "ignore" feature -- it makes all their post "dissappear" from your view plus one can toggle "ignore" on or off as one wants --without killing any forum content others may or may not wish to veiw

think of the "ignore" button as --a "fool go away and leave me alone-you bother me" button (to bad you can not have one in real life.)

A reverse-ignore button would be nice... so you can block specific people from seeing YOUR posts (I've suggested this before)

Bran <><
 
What gets me is, the post can be moved, but I cannot delete it. I have requested that it be removed, but since I'm not a charter member, I can't touch it.

Now, if money grew on trees --- and government would get its hands out of everyone's pockets it would be better and we could all give money to Marc and be charter members. Why would I say that? Well, when they hit the utility companies, they just pass on the cost to me in higher rates. When they increase communication taxes, I get to pay in higher rates. When they raise the cost to grow food, I get to pay . . . which is another thing that pisses me off, as there has never before been so many people with food-borne illnesses since the 1950's as there are now - so where the heck is the improvement we're paying for. I mean, SALMONELLA in PEANUT BUTTER???

This bunch is killing us, and since it po's folks, charge to let them talk about it.
 
ivan salis said:
if one finds peoples post offendsive -- simple fix --use the "ignore" feature -- it makes all their post "dissappear" from your view plus one can toggle "ignore" on or off as one wants --without killing any forum content others may or may not wish to veiw

think of the "ignore" button as --a "fool go away and leave me alone-you bother me" button (to bad you can not have one in real life.)
I do. The post was moved so that I can't edit or remove it.

It just angers me that MY post is moved so I can't be part of the conversation.

The funniest part is, the thread was going nowhere anyways. Just give it a quick and painless death.
 
Smee said:
The post was moved so that I can't edit or remove it.

I Know it's Little Consolation
But at any time you need a Post removed you can't get at,
a PM, preferably with a Link to the Thread
Will get it Removed As soon as I Can.

Without a Link I Have to search for it first,
But still works
 
Original post is now gone.
 
Thanks for your kind words TT.

I design web pages for pay, I'm a flash programmer, I own forums, I mod forums for software companies, etc. So, there is something about the whole "Charter Member" idea that chaps my hide, but hey, it isn't my site so . . . let's just leave it at that.

Thanks DigginThePast.
 
Vee vill hold your post hostage until you sign zee papers, old man. :laughing7:
 
The Beep Goes On said:
Vee vill hold your post hostage until you sign zee papers, old man. :laughing7:

LOL!!!

BTW, love the avatar. Had a 69 Roadrunner with 383 Magnum, 4 speed slap shift, Dana(?) positraction rear end, carter 4bbl, etc. . . . and it's wicked step cousin, '69 GTX -- 440 Magnum, 727 tranny with shift kit so it was P R N 1 2 3 instead of P R N D 2 1. Effectively a manual tranny without a clutch.

Lots of fun with both of em
 
texastee2007 said:
eh but did it have hookers and a holly high rise??? could you uncork em and let em roar? I could speed shift and could take your pink in a wink if I wanted.

Nah, but the guy I bought it from pulled the 440, stuck it in a rail up in New Jersey in '78 and did 160 in the quarter mile. Eddie made his own headers, but to keep the cops off my arse I put some cheap Thrush mufflers on it. As long as I didn't get stupid, they left me alone. Which was surprising as the car had a custom paint job with at least a dozen colors and patterns . . . kinda like the Partridge family bus on acid.

The Roadrunner was a bit different: Racing one night (actually playing around) on Hammond Highway (US 51 in La Place, LA) with a 350 Nova on our way to work. Turk had finally gotten it up to 90 and we were still in town when the blue lights came on behind him. I dropped it back into 3rd and lit those 50 series tires up, cop never even attempted to catch me. It had 150 on the speedometer, but no dash lights. When I passed the "old halfway house" bar room / saloon, the lights were enough to see the dash . . . the needle was buried.
 
godisnum1 said:
You know, it would be cool if those sections were blocked publicly by default... and only manually unblocking them from on an individual account basis would give you access (so you have no reason to complain) Then anyone getting out of hand would receive 3 strikes before getting temporarily banned from T-Net for behavior... if they continue, permanently ban them (unless their original behavior warrants this) If that were the case, it wouldn't matter what the argument is/was about, and these sections wouldn't have to be locked. Just might save the mod's from wasting time fielding all that mess and moving stuff around and/or deleting things. It's almost unavoidable for conversations to go off topic in any thread about almost any subject. It's just the nature of a public forum.

Just how I see it I guess...

Bran <><
What he said.....

Scott
 
Smee said:
The Beep Goes On said:
Vee vill hold your post hostage until you sign zee papers, old man. :laughing7:

LOL!!!

BTW, love the avatar. Had a 69 Roadrunner with 383 Magnum, 4 speed slap shift, Dana(?) positraction rear end, carter 4bbl, etc. . . . and it's wicked step cousin, '69 GTX -- 440 Magnum, 727 tranny with shift kit so it was P R N 1 2 3 instead of P R N D 2 1. Effectively a manual tranny without a clutch.

Lots of fun with both of em

Very cool. I had a TA and...well...we had good times and some 'trouble' as well. I picked the avatar because it says 'beep', but mainly because it fits some traits that characterize my personality (not all good!).
 
gold colored 1969 olds cutlass supreme 2 door == 440 -- only car i ever owned that had a speedometer marked with 160 mph -- could pass everthing on the road but a gas station .
 
TA alledgedly went 163, but I only got it up to 140 one time...too many cars on the highway :tongue3:
 
The noise is what is amazing... WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...and it just keeps getting louder...everything gets slow and you feel every exaggerated bump and pitch in the road...your heartbeat mimics the speedo...and you finally let off and swear you could run the posted speed limit...lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom