What's new

I cant find crap !!

Re: I can't find crap !!

it will get better . keep hitting them old house sites. go slow and you might just be surprised at what you will find .
 
Re: I can't find crap !!

I feel your pain . I have come to realize , that in my area anyway , those old timers just didn't have
much money & what they did have , they didn't go round losing it all over the place . Old homesites
grudgingly give up maybe one or two old coins & it takes a heck of a lot of hunting to get those . Resea-
rch is the key . Old fairgrounds , picnic spots , ect & most of those spots have already been hit hard . I'm
not really interested in relics & I'm getting tired of clad so it's time for some serious research . People
have been metal detecting for 30 or 40 years so virgin spots are really hard to find . Most people have
limited time to dedicate to metal detecting due to other obligations so instead of running from park to
school to park , once again I would suggest researching for some old spot that just maybe hasn't been
pounded to death . Good luck !!!
 
Re: I can't find crap !!

:-X :-X :-X
I can't find crap either but metal is no problem. ::) :tongue3:
 
Re: I can't find crap !!

i found a rusty nail does that count?
 
Re: I can't find crap !!

Sounds like these houses have already been searched by someone before. I've been there ,too. Being the second or third person on a site is no fun. But, think about this. Maybe they cleaned out all the clad and shallow stuff for you. Maybe you need to run all metal or low discrimination to get to the deeper stuff. I know, you will get more trash, but you will also get the deeper stuff. That may very well be where the silver is, if the ground is sandy or soft, it will sink deeper.
 
Re: I can't find crap !!

once upon a time, I found a gold and diamond ring, then I found three silver rings, then I found clad in large amounts and then today, I found 8 cents of memorial pennies after searching for 4 hours. Am I disapointed, nah, I never really knew what was gonna pop outa the holes and if I wasn't diggin someone else would be. So, hang in there, they don't call it treasure finding for a reason. :icon_king:
 
Re: I can't find crap !!

Come to my house, the neighbors dog just came through there is lots of it. ; :tongue3:
 
Re: I can't find crap !!

Dont get discouraged.Try slowing down.Did you crank up the sensitviy ?.if so turn it down a couple knotches and swing a lil slower.If you read alot of posts you will notice that most hunters have favorite spots that they have been hunting for years on end.The good stuff shows up here and there just be patient...I would try those same spots again.You can also invite a fellow Tnet member to group hunt with you and maybe even pick up on something you didnt fully understand about your machine.Good luck and keep your chin up...
 
Re: I can't find crap !!

Hey all,
I haven't been around in a long time but have been waiting for the weather to get better. Just thought I'd chime in with a little story. I got permission to hunt an old home site that has been empty for years. The previous owner was rather well to do and, what the heck, it was another place to hunt trashy as it was. I started by the house and found a neat square nail. I stuff it in my apron and go on. Beep, wow another square one. 5 seconds later Beep. Yep square nail. I looked heavenward and asked "Does this place have nothing but square nails?" He directed my eyes to the wooden siding falling off the house, attached with nothing but square nails. Hundreds of them. If you need any I can let you help me clean this place up. LOL. Keep trying, it will come. I haven't had any great finds yet but my turn has to come around sometime. If I'm not there when it does I'm gonna miss it.

Hat_man
 
Re: I can't find crap !!

Mud:

You got to get your mind rite, Your mind is telling up, oh go home and set down you aint
going to find anything... You got to say to your self, this next hit is going to be something big...

The next hit will be great,, gold, silver, or rings..


Get your mind rite, and thing will start coming to you.....Just try it.....


ark turtle
 
Re: I can't find crap !!

Slow it down a bit may find more. :icon_pirat:
 
Re: I can't find crap !!

Wanna hear something funny........this post has generated more replies than any of my posts where i actually had found,and posted pics of my finds :wink:


HH
Shawn
 
Re: I can't find crap !!

hat_man said:
... I started by the house and found a neat square nail. I stuff it in my apron and go on. Beep, wow another square one. 5 seconds later Beep. Yep square nail. I looked heavenward and asked "Does this place have nothing but square nails?" He directed my eyes to the wooden siding falling off the house, attached with nothing but square nails. Hundreds of them. If you need any I can let you help me clean this place up. LOL. Keep trying, it will come. I haven't had any great finds yet but my turn has to come around sometime. If I'm not there when it does I'm gonna miss it.

Hat_man
in my yard and the woods on my property i've found numerous square nails. also found an axe head and a couple heads of shovels. ::) at a beach last week i found 3 pennies... really haven't found much of anything either.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom