What's new

I couldnt help myself !

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
I couldn't help myself !

I'm a hopeless addict ! I did stay away from CRH on the remainder of my days off,but I've had a monkey on my back all week so I picked up 10 boxes of dimes yesterday.
Recieved my first three unmarked dime boxes and they produced no silver. Besides the time I got a dime box with all 2008 dimes I don't believe that I've been skunked on dime boxes.
The other seven boxes produced 13 Rosies.
This meager find stopped the craving,sweats,and tremors.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I couldn't help myself !

10 boxes of dimes? That makes my eyes hurt just thinking about it.
 
Re: I couldn't help myself !

I use magnifying glasses. You can get them at good hobby stores.
 
Re: I couldn't help myself !

Rich Hartford said:
I use magnifying glasses. You can get them at good hobby stores.
I use a flip down jewelers magnifier. Only cost $10-15 several years ago and it is hands free and always in focus. (unlike a hand held glass)
81007b.jpg

Here is where I found the pic.
http://www.robbinsinstruments.com/magnification/headband.html

When I go to yard sales I always take my magnifier with a neck strap. Cost $6-8 but well worth it. It even has an LED for looking in dimly lit garages.

MF2056L%20Lighted%20Magnifier.jpg


I got mine on ebay but that seller quit. Here is a place to buy.
http://www.pcbsupplies.com/servlet/the-302/Lighted-Magnifier-Magnifying-Glass/Detail
 
Re: I couldn't help myself !

I know I'm getting old, and need reading glasses to even edge-scan, but, are you crh'ers checking the entire roll/dates? Just wondering, 'cause I don't.
 
Re: I couldn't help myself !

It's been hours since I opened a roll and I'm beside myself. Where's a bank? Where's a baaank! :icon_jokercolor:
 
Re: I couldn't help myself !

Oh, and I do check every coin. I'm looking for that elusive 70, 87, or 2003+ for my folder. Also, I don't totally trust myself edge searching yet.
 
Re: I couldn't help myself !

Better results than I had with my dimes yesterday. 11 boxes gave up 7 Rosies and 2 Mercs. HH Mark
 
Re: I couldn't help myself !

never look at the dates with dimes.
i just rim search, i doubt i ever missed a silver. i can spot the nice ones, plus i just take out the dark ones just in case.
 
Re: I couldn't help myself !

That is alot of dimes. 13 keepers is good though.

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom