What's new

I did it!!! First silver of the year is a big bucketlister

toasted

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
3,452
Reaction score
14,368
Golden Thread
5
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did a short hunt in a field near me that research indicated could be good. Field is full of iron so thats somewhat encouraging. My second hole though was the most encouraging sign. Excellent condition with some minor plow damage on the reverse. I wanted a Barber quarter bad and told myself that 2016 would be a good year if i dig one.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    205.6 KB · Views: 313
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    175 KB · Views: 294
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    199.9 KB · Views: 286
Upvote 74
Wow ! That is a beauty , looks like that was dropped right after it we minted. Congrats and HH
 
Very nice barber
 
Really nice detail on that bad boy. Nice save.
 
Thanks everyone. Im so happy with this coin that i dont really care if i dont get another silver till spring
 
Great find! I love to see them dirty coins lol
 
That's a beautiful coin! I found a good number of Barber dimes over the past three years, but a Barber quarter has eluded me. I'm hoping that 2016 is the year. Great recovery.
 
That's a beautiful coin! I found a good number of Barber dimes over the past three years, but a Barber quarter has eluded me. I'm hoping that 2016 is the year. Great recovery.

Yeah, I dug 5 Barber dimes last year and most had decent detail too. I see well worn Barbers posted a lot but i seem to be finding mine on earlier sites where they were dropped closer to mint date. Finally got the quarter though. My research on this site indicates its a good candidate for seated silver too
 
Just think you have another 51 weeks to get another one or two or.....Congrats on the beauty.
 
Barber is every where
 
Barber is every where

Im not sure what you mean but i have not found any Barbers at sites that have yielded lots of more modern silver. Id say that most Barbers were probably out of circulation by the 50's and any in circulation after the 20's were badly worn
 
Wow, great detail! Nice score
 
That's a beauty of a Barber quarter, congrats!
 
Ok now it has been five weeks since I found this beauty in my first hunt on my field permission. But really only two weeks of hunting there as I stayed away till goose season was over. In about six hunts here, some short some long, we have gotten 12 seated, a trime, 2 shield nickels, flying eagle, 2 center, and 47 indians. Truly a field of dreams.
 
What a beauty! Congrats!
 
That is a very, very nice one! I dug 2 up 3 years ago and I feel I am due for another. This year, I've dug 3 silver quarters so far, all of them are Washingtons though.
 
Man she is a beauty toasted.must not have been circulation very long before it was lost.Congrats man!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom