CardsNCoins
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Nov 17, 2010
- Messages
- 1,024
- Reaction score
- 192
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I didn't want to do it, but Ben made me
I will start by saying that in the past when tellers have asked me if I have an account there I always told the truth.....before today that is.
I went to a bank in my local mall and asked if they had halves, and one of the tellers said she had $2 worth. Of course I said I would take them. As she was getting them out of her drawer I asked if she had any customer wrapped pennies. She placed the halves on the counter and staring back at me was Ben Franklin. So she says "I have to ask the vault manager about the pennies."
At that moment I was wishing I never said the word pennies, because the vault manager came over while I was staring at Ben and said "do you have an account with us?" It seemed like 52 things went through my head before the lie past my lips, but lie I did. "Yes, just not at this branch" was my reply.
No further questions were asked, and I walked out with Ben, 3 clad halves, and $10.00 in customer rolled pennies. Am I proud of telling a lie, no, but I'm sure I'd do it again if I was already staring at the silver.
My name is Nick, and I'm a silver addict.
HH
Nick
Edited to change "I am" to "Am I".
I will start by saying that in the past when tellers have asked me if I have an account there I always told the truth.....before today that is.
I went to a bank in my local mall and asked if they had halves, and one of the tellers said she had $2 worth. Of course I said I would take them. As she was getting them out of her drawer I asked if she had any customer wrapped pennies. She placed the halves on the counter and staring back at me was Ben Franklin. So she says "I have to ask the vault manager about the pennies."
At that moment I was wishing I never said the word pennies, because the vault manager came over while I was staring at Ben and said "do you have an account with us?" It seemed like 52 things went through my head before the lie past my lips, but lie I did. "Yes, just not at this branch" was my reply.
No further questions were asked, and I walked out with Ben, 3 clad halves, and $10.00 in customer rolled pennies. Am I proud of telling a lie, no, but I'm sure I'd do it again if I was already staring at the silver.
My name is Nick, and I'm a silver addict.
HH
Nick
Edited to change "I am" to "Am I".
Upvote
0








