What's new

I dont Beleive It ! I Did It Again....This Cant Be Happening!!!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
5,675
Golden Thread
2
Location
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't Beleive It ! I Did It Again....This Can't Be Happening!!!

This is really getting bizarre! Two weeks ago I eyeballed a gold ring right on top of a gopher mound!! Today I beeped a gold ring on top of a gopher mound!!!
while swinging my coil I saw a large gopher mound and swung my coil over it, I received a strong shallow signal looked down and saw a little glitter protruding out of the dirt! I reach down and picked up a gold ring! This is really getting weird! Two gold rings in two weeks in similar circumstances! Also dug a 1929 buffalo nickel, and a silver Roosevelt dime that was cut in half by a lawnmower! 3 wheat pennies and about $5.00 in clad coins would top off the day...
 

Attachments

  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 001.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 001.webp
    127.7 KB · Views: 319
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 002.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 002.webp
    105 KB · Views: 269
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 003.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 003.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 270
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 004.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 004.webp
    104.5 KB · Views: 265
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 005.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 005.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 263
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 006.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 006.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 267
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 004.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 004.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 266
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 003.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 003.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 001.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 001.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 273
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 007.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 007.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 278
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 005.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 005.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 256
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 007.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 007.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 274
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 008.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 008.webp
    14 KB · Views: 271
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 009.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 009.webp
    12 KB · Views: 270
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 010.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 010.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 265
Upvote 78
That is really bizarre!!! Good job by you! The ring is a beauty, and the finds are great! The dime? Gotta thought on that... methinks it was cut in half with something other than a lawnmower...like by a kid in shop class, or along those lines. The other half would be nearby if a lawn mower got it. I have found a lot of coins trashed by a mower, and none of them have a clean cut like that, usually bent or nicked... sorry for the long rant...nice finds!!
 
My first half dollar was an eyeball find in a plowed field! A walking liberty. Funny how things work! Congrats on your unusual find!
 
Buy a lottery ticket and don't forget your friends on Treasure net..... Just saying
 
I say head back out and look for more gopher holes and hunt them all. Who knows maybe the gather stuff and bring it back to their little dens for you to find.
 
Where can I get one of those gophers? :laughing7::occasion14:
 
So now I have to change what I say to people from, "I know this guy who once found a gold ring on a gopher mound." to "I know this guy who on two different occasions found 2 gold rings on two different gopher mounds, the gophers had dug up gold for him, and seem to continue doing so!" This is amazing. :laughing7::notworthy::treasurechest: :D
 
"GO GO GOpher" Maybe you ought to change your avatar to a gopher hole. Seems like they have been very good to you lately. I wish the moles around here would learn to consolidate the coins for me, these lazy *******s aren't as big as a gopher and I feel are in need of some treasure retrieval training.
 
Just imagine what kind of mound they have under the ground. I would dig up there home to get to that Indiana Jones mound of gold below. They are like cats or squirrels they steal shiny things and hide them. :occasion14:
 
Great finds, GOLD for Christmas!
 
....and you can truthfully say you found a cut silver:laughing7:
 
Nice job. Follow those Gophers !
 
You and your buddies sure like that gold!!!! Congratulations! Go team gopher!!
 
I think I am starting to understand why the University of Minnesota calls their sports teams "Golden Gophers." Maybe this is some kind of creepy omen that you should move to Minnesota? ???
 
Bring Gopher chow and feed them, maybe you can train them so you wont have to dig anymore. Pretty Cool.
 
Such a cool thing to happen even once, very cool to happen twice, good job on the half dime too,lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom