What's new

I dont Beleive It ! I Did It Again....This Cant Be Happening!!!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
5,675
Golden Thread
2
Location
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't Beleive It ! I Did It Again....This Can't Be Happening!!!

This is really getting bizarre! Two weeks ago I eyeballed a gold ring right on top of a gopher mound!! Today I beeped a gold ring on top of a gopher mound!!!
while swinging my coil I saw a large gopher mound and swung my coil over it, I received a strong shallow signal looked down and saw a little glitter protruding out of the dirt! I reach down and picked up a gold ring! This is really getting weird! Two gold rings in two weeks in similar circumstances! Also dug a 1929 buffalo nickel, and a silver Roosevelt dime that was cut in half by a lawnmower! 3 wheat pennies and about $5.00 in clad coins would top off the day...
 

Attachments

  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 001.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 001.webp
    127.7 KB · Views: 319
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 002.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 002.webp
    105 KB · Views: 269
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 003.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 003.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 270
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 004.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 004.webp
    104.5 KB · Views: 265
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 005.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 005.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 263
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 007.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 007.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 278
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 001.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 001.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 273
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 003.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 003.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 004.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 004.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 266
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 006.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 006.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 267
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 005.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 005.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 256
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 007.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 007.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 274
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 008.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 008.webp
    14 KB · Views: 271
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 009.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 009.webp
    12 KB · Views: 270
  • Gold ring on Gopher Mound 010.webp
    Gold ring on Gopher Mound 010.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 265
Upvote 78
Man, you're going to hafta put them gophers on the payroll. :notworthy:
I figure they going to be getting a Claxton, for Christmas. :laughing7:
Great going and keep doing it! :occasion14:
 
Embrace it! "Gopher" the gold!
 
Good score on the gold nugget ring.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Another great recovery because of the Gopher, I'd be more than happy to buy it a dinner or two.
 
What!?!? Again!? Id be bringing them some nice veggies
 
Hey how do you write on your picture? Great finds by the way
 
excellent finds. I have plenty of gophers and moles, but they just tear my yard up and never produce any treasure
 
I once knew a guy, who had a gopher for a hunting buddy.. and they found gold all the time....8-)
 
Ok, here is my hypothesis. Gold in the ground in, or near the gopher's burrow is resonating electro-magnetic vibrations at a frequency uncomfortable to the gopher's hearing. The earth where you live is constantly vibrating due to the seismic activity of the San Andreas fault line. The gopher is basically ridding his turf of a pesky nuisance, (oh...the irony...) Anyway, I will offer this postulation solely for your readers' enjoyment, with the caveat that it is absolutely not based on any science whatsoever. Congrats on another beautiful gold "rodent-retrieved" ring! Sub :laughing7:
 
Weird quirky things happen in life that defy the odds. Go back and get #3.
 
Maybe that was the gophers idea of a lightning rod to protect his mound.......Sometimes my mind wanders! LOL Nice find Hogge
 
HEY LUKE LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT YOUR HEAD RIGHT . THATS RIGHT THATS IN THE MOVIE COOL HAND LUKE , OH WELL NICE FIND....
 
You are finding a lot of nice items that the gophers are unearthing for you,so just eyeball their mounds and you will not have to dig.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom