fistfulladirt
Gold Member
- Joined
- Feb 21, 2008
- Messages
- 12,256
- Reaction score
- 4,968
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Great Lakes State
- Detector(s) used
- dirtfishing
- Primary Interest:
- Other
- #1
Thread Owner
I don't believe it - 1758 Reale!
Went out today in a light rain, to a farmhome that I had received permission at a couple weeks ago. Dug an IH first coin, then a couple clad. Got a weird hit at about 6-7 inches and out pops a very thin quarter sized coin. It is worn almost smooth although the date is very legible. Sorry, no pics till tomorrow nite, I know I'll have to prove it, wife out of town with the camera. The two IH's were 1866 and 1906. Soil was not kind to the '66.
Later i scanned the coin, not too bad. Will get better pics. ffd
Went out today in a light rain, to a farmhome that I had received permission at a couple weeks ago. Dug an IH first coin, then a couple clad. Got a weird hit at about 6-7 inches and out pops a very thin quarter sized coin. It is worn almost smooth although the date is very legible. Sorry, no pics till tomorrow nite, I know I'll have to prove it, wife out of town with the camera. The two IH's were 1866 and 1906. Soil was not kind to the '66.
Later i scanned the coin, not too bad. Will get better pics. ffd
LOL...j/k bro, man o man, congrats big time, I can't friggin believe it.
gotta be the oldest coin to come out of the ground around these parts in a long time! 


I hope there are a few more out there.






