What's new

I dont have a clue do you?

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2008
Messages
1,514
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
I don't have a clue do you?

I found this at a old home site.I really don't know when the home was there we haven't found
any coins to date.This item is made out of very thin copper that reads PATENT APP'D FOR,the
back is blank.I really don't have a clue what the increment's are,I put a metric ruler beside
it but millimeters are off.This piece isn't broke off it is whole.So I am asking for some help.
Does anyone know what this is used for.
Thanks in advance.

fortbball9
 

Attachments

  • Picture 661.webp
    Picture 661.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,217
  • Picture 661.webp
    Picture 661.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,210
Re: I don't have a clue do you?

The sliding part of a shoe size scale? Monty
 
Upvote 0
Re: I don't have a clue do you?

BigCy's guess for a curved spring postal scale sure sounds good, particularly if the slot was to adjust it to zero.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I don't have a clue do you?

fortbball9 said:
BioProfessor said:
How about a printer's line gauge?

Daryl
I thought about that also but the 0 to 12 on that gauge is 2 in,Mine is more than 2 in.

fortbball9

Looks like about right with 2" between 0 and 12 :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom