What's new

I dont mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I cant contain myself.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
2,484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

I know I know...... We gotta let the newbies know how hard and grueling this hobby can be. But with a lot of hard work, Lot's of miles on the car, hours spent in the car, and sorting through the piles of coins not to mention the dumping..... it is possible to find stuff....... So here it goes.

Disclaimer! This is the truth. 8)

My 15 box a week habit has not been getting it done! So I had to score big today to convince myself that there is still silver out there, and that my area is not searched out. So it was off to the battlefield.

I drove around for 7 hours. Stopped at at least 40 Banks and Credit Unions. Went through $3000 in cash. 3 separate dumps ( one where I had to get the bin changed out, and interupting my dumps to let little old ladies cash in their baggies of coins) return trips to banks who had to set timers. Back and forth back and forth.

I put on 113.7 miles round trip. Left at 10 a.m. returned home at 5 p.m. to pick up my 2 box order. Not to mention the fact that I was following the trail of another guy who searched the area just yesterday. All I heard all day was "a guy got everything we had Yesterday". So I kept heading into the sunset the first 15 miles of my hunt was ruined by that guy. Except for the C.U. stop. I have an account with a branch of this Credit Union in my area. They will not sell you coins unless you have an account. This is where I hit a good silver vein. right in the middle of the battle field that was blasted yesterday.

I finally started to find some halves about 20 miles into my hunt. I kept on the straight and narrow. Determined to find more. Wile I was in the war zone I bought as many Dimes as I could to fill the void left from the the other Soldier untill I started finding halves again. Than it was Halves and Big dollars exclusively till my last dump and I was on my way home. And then everything was fair game.

Here is the toll from my excursion into enemy territory.

12) 64's
22) 65's
49) 66's
67) 67's
22) 68's
12) 69's

1) 1952 Ben Franklin. Rescued from his captor. (he was busy with another customer and my teller grabbed his lone half in his tray while he wasn't looking.) ;D

7) Rosie's. out of over $1300 in hand rolls.

25) Ike's all clad but the bulk of them were like new, including 5) 1976 type 2's

Total

13) 90%'s 11) from the C.U.
172) 40%'s 165) from the C.U.
7) Rosie's from all over the place.

Of the more than 40 stops I made only 3 produced.

The C.U. had $300 in halves and I also got the bulk of the Ike's from them. This was the big score of the day. It gave me the strength to continue to fight the battle and keep going. I went through those rolls outside my dump bank and a couple were solid silver, others were sprinkled with "White Stripes" and some were literally half/half, one side copper, the other Silver. Most of these, if not all, were like new.

I pulled 4 40%'s from a batch of $150 at another bank. I had to come back for these. So I drove 15 minutes away to a bank off the beaten path. I got the lone Franklin from there (as mentioned above) and returned to get the 150 while waiting out the 20 to 25 minute timer. When I returned to get the $150 the teller apologized emphatically because she forgot to set the timer. :BangHead: ::) So I said "Oh that's OK I'll sit and wait this time. But if you had any Dimes I could keep busy while I wait. She had $300 in hand rolls in her personal stash, which I bought and proceded out to the car to again wait on the timer. I pulled 2 of the Rosie's while waiting.

My 2nd from last stop of the day I pulled 3 40%'s from $27 in loose halves.

Sooooooo....... Anyone discouraged by my story? Cause it's the truth.

Mojo

I got pictures.
 

Attachments

  • big haul.webp
    big haul.webp
    68.8 KB · Views: 495
  • closeup.webp
    closeup.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 475
Upvote 0
Re: I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

balnce of the day
 

Attachments

  • balance of day.webp
    balance of day.webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 487
  • 76type2ikes.webp
    76type2ikes.webp
    57.1 KB · Views: 475
Re: I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

That's a great day. Time well spent I say. :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

VICTORY !!!!

What a story ! What a roadtrip ! Fantastic Photos! Hard work paid off BIG TIME !!!!! :thumbsup: Mojo you are a great hunter, and a great writer as well.
Keep em coming
 
Re: I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

Rich Hartford said:
VICTORY !!!!

What a story ! What a roadtrip ! Fantastic Photos! Hard work paid off BIG TIME !!!!! :thumbsup: Mojo you are a great hunter, and a great writer as well.
Keep em coming

I knew you'd be able to relate to this..... As well as the rest of the Road Warriors. Thanks for the kind words.

Mojo
 
Re: I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

CoinMojo,

Great story, I feel all beaten up and tired by just reading it.

How much did you spend in gas?

DW
 
Re: I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

Darth Walker said:
CoinMojo,

Great story, I feel all beaten up and tired by just reading it.

How much did you spend in gas?

DW

I drive an "American Made" car (Lordstown Ohio) that get's 25 in the city and 32 on the highway... So around 4 Gallons... $10
 
Re: I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

So then that makes your story greater.

Good writting and good strategy. I am not at that level. I never look more than $300

My wife will kill me and then divorse me if I dare to do that

DW
 
Re: I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

coinmojo said:
Darth Walker said:
CoinMojo,

Great story, I feel all beaten up and tired by just reading it.

How much did you spend in gas?

DW

I drive an "American Made" car (Lordstown Ohio) that get's 25 in the city and 32 on the highway... So around 4 Gallons... $10

Uh oh, not the "Buy American" deal again. ;D I still gotta say my Lexus rocks!! My lease expires soon and the next one I get is gonna have the high end stereo (Mark Levinson system?) or whatever it is in it. I had a loaner recently when my car was being serviced that had one and it was the best sounding system I ever heard.

With the bad economy and crappy sales I should be able to get a good deal.

Jim
 
Re: I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

Don't get me started Jim...... I'm having a good day.... :icon_sunny: :wink:

Mojo
 
Re: I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

Congrats Mr. Mojo. I'm sure glad that your efforts paid off! You are a first class CRHer.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Re: I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

coinmojo said:
Don't get me started Jim...... I'm having a good day.... :icon_sunny: :wink:

Mojo


I'm just messin' with you Mojo! Great score with the silver today. :hello2:

Jim
 
Re: I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

This is a MOTO story if I ever heard of one, Thanks! Sweet finds!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

Wow, fun day! I'm glad to see a grinder like yourself get your just rewards.

Also glad to see you get the itch out of your system before the next camping trip. :laughing9:
 
Re: I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

silvereagle78 said:
This is a MOTO story if I ever heard of one, Thanks! Sweet finds!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed it. I was in a good mood when I wrote it.

wharghoul said:
Wow, fun day! I'm glad to see a grinder like yourself get your just rewards.

Also glad to see you get the itch out of your system before the next camping trip. :laughing9:

I'm still wondering how much silver I missed out on that trip........ Especially after a day like the one above.

Mojo
 
Re: I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

Get them while you can my friend, get them while you can... I close on my home equity loan tommorow and I get my "play money" back. Then it's all mine. MINE I TELL YOU< MINE!!!!!

Sorry I'm jonesing.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom